SAM_DragCanAutoStart causing strange behaviour

General discussion forum about all things Team Developer 5.x
Charlie
Canada

SAM_DragCanAutoStart causing strange behaviour

Post by Charlie » 25 Jul 2017, 12:23

Just an FYI:

Processing SAM_DragCanAutoStart on table windows has recently started causing failures in row and column resizing. Instead of resizing the column or row, the table window seems to be processing double-clicks.

The problem happens to the app on my development box (whether in design mode or run-time), as well as the deployed app on pristine end-user machines.

I don't have any time to really dig into what's going on, but removing SAM_CornerClick processing (which just returns TRUE when a row is selected, and returns FALSE otherwise) fixes things.

As far as I can tell, only one of two things could have caused this strange behavior:
  • I may have recently added/changed some unrelated code somewhere that affects focus or active window, but I can't think of anything I could have done recently other than benign changes (the SAM_DragCanAutoStart processing has not been touched since first added years ago)
  • Some recent Windows update might have done something ?
Anyhow, this is just a heads-up in case anybody else is running into the same kind of thing. If and when I ever find out more, I'll update this topic.

Cheers !
A little trick to help direct folk from old Gupta forum to this one: Link to post

Return to “General Discussion”