Posted by: Thomas Koller
What has been shown at the DevCon was very promising and we really had the
feeling that Unifiy cared about our problems and wishes.
Here I will give you a summary of the things that are most important to us:
Newsgroups / Forums
The Newgroups on newsgroup.guptaworldwide.com should be integrated into the
Unify-Forums, especially the Bugreport. Is it technically possible to
transfer the old entries of the newgroups into the Forums?
What we also miss, is a list of the bugreports that have got a defect number
(a group 'defects'?). This would help us to decide whether to report a bug
or to install the latest msp.
We would like to have the following alterations in the TableWindow:
- A smaller row heigth (as in the Datagrid)
- A better display of the row with the focus (as in the Datagrid)
Extension of the Active Coding Assistant / Debug
- Support of F10 and Ctrl F10 to jump to and back from the definition of
an item (Like in IceTea InteliSal)
- The possibility to display in the debug-mode not only the content of
variables but also of functional class if I move over the item
In any case we are locking forward to the first msp and hope that a lot of
the bugs listed in the newsgroup are fixed!
SqlTalk / Database Console
We sugest the following new features
- Output-Window of select commands in the form of a Datagrid
- Copy/Paste between Output-Windows
- Edit/Save of Data in the Output-Windows
- Export of the Data in the Output-Window as CSV or XML-Files
- Wizard/Intellisense that helps building queries
- Script generator for Unload/Load, Drop/Create Tables
- Repair functions (i.e. Logfile-Repair)
- Help with Performance-Optimisation (Extended Pages, Index Balance,
DB-Fragmentaion - see Screenshots)
The idea for some of these features we have taken from Aqua Data Studio
(www.aquafold.com) which supports different database products and MySql
Administrator which is MySql specific. Both tools have free versions.
I will also post this text in the Newsgroups, so that also the other
developers know about it.