.exe Has Stopped working error !! Urgent Help

General discussion forum about all things Team Developer 7.x
Ujwala.e
India

.exe Has Stopped working error !! Urgent Help

Post by Ujwala.e » 20 Dec 2017, 12:42

Hi, Our project GUI is built on Centura 2.1
We are migrating this to the latest TD version and currently have installed TD 7.0.3
We are facing an issue with the application in TD7.0.3 and need help for resolution as soon as possible.

We have an application which uses a cOutlineListBox to populate categories of invoices( Parent Node) and user can select invoices from each category and then details of the invoice would be displayed on the labels and textboxes On clicking the invoice(Child node). All this is populated using PL/SQL packages from the database.
While clicking invoices(CN) of few invoice categories(PN) the application abruptly crashes and gives the error .exe has stopped working. On Debugging we Could only find the command where the application crashes, which is execution of sqlPLsqlCommand that calls a database package to fetch data.
However the same command is used for other few categories and is working fine.
Since this is a huge GUI application with multiple APP and APL files interconnected, we are not able to generate a single test case where we can reproduce the error.

Can anyone please help me understand when can TD crash with this error?
GUI_Error.png
Please find below the line where the application crashes.
!!CB!! 129
If SqlPLSQLCommand
( Sql_Handle, 'manage_payments.multi_fetch_pay_alloc ( sPrtnCd, psPayRef,psCrnNbr, nOutReturnCode, sOutReturnMsg, sOutErrorParm,
nOutRowsReturned, sOutArray1, nOutArray1, sOutArray2,
nOutArray2, nOutArray3, nOutArray4,nOutArray5, nOutArray6, nOutArray7,sOutArray3,nOutArray8 ) ' )

Please let me know in case more information is required.

Thanks,
Ujwala
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: .exe Has Stopped working error !! Urgent Help

Post by Dave Rabelink » 20 Dec 2017, 13:27

Does each "click" use the same SqlPLSQLCommand command-string?

Code: Select all

'manage_payments.multi_fetch_pay_alloc ( sPrtnCd, psPayRef,psCrnNbr, nOutReturnCode, sOutReturnMsg, sOutErrorParm,
nOutRowsReturned, sOutArray1, nOutArray1, sOutArray2,
nOutArray2, nOutArray3, nOutArray4,nOutArray5, nOutArray6, nOutArray7,sOutArray3,nOutArray8 ) '
If so, probably the data is the cause here. You will have to find out the resultset of the crashing SqlPLSQLCommand and see if there is a difference in data between the ones which do not crash.
(could be you have NULL values, or data having special characters or large data buffers...)

If the problem is really with the data, you can create a simple testcase where you call SqlPLSQLCommand having hardcoded input values which you have determined by using the full application.
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

memic
Germany

Post by memic » 20 Dec 2017, 13:30

I dont know if this helps you, but the most common error for crashes I encountered after migrating Runtimes is forgetting some .dll references to old Runtime.
Normaly all my Apps crashes randomly after the automatic conversion TeamDeveloper does opening old files. Maybe you could check your source code with a text editor and search for "*21.dll". and replace with *70.dll

The other Reason it could crash randomly is because of Unicode... you need to move from SalStrSetBufferLength to SalSetBufferLength setting the buffer length * 2 + 2

Maybe it is not your case.. but I would check this 2 things first.

Ujwala.e
India

Post by Ujwala.e » 11 Jan 2018, 07:54

Hi Dave Rabelink,
I have evaluated and extracted the values, there seems to be no issues with them, I have also tried hardcoding the same data and calling the package, it works fine.

Hi memic,
we have replaced all the dll files to the current version.
I suspect it to be a UNICODE issue as well , but not sure how to identify and solve it. SalSetBufferLength is already in use I have added +2 still the same error

I also need to highlight that earlier we used to get an sql error : ORA-01480: trailing null missing from STR bind value , we handled this as an exception and returned TRUE, the application then continues to execute and populate the required values.But this was for one click and was resolved. The same SqlPLSQLCommand is being used for another click and the application crashes.
However while debugging on a few instances the execution goes to this exception and continues to populate as usual, whilst this does not reflect on while running the application.
I suspect ORA-01480 to be the reason for the crash as well.
Can you please help me solve the ORA error so that I can rule out this condition for the crash as well .

Thanks,
Ujwala.

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 11 Jan 2018, 10:24

Ujwala.e wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 07:54
SalSetBufferLength is already in use I have added +2 still the same error
Where do you use SalSetBufferLength?
Is some of the data binary?

When using normal text strings you should not use SalSetBufferLength on the data. TD takes care of the buffers automatically.

So I wonder where SalSetBufferLength is in use and why.
(in relation to the used functionality and the crash)
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

Ujwala.e
India

Post by Ujwala.e » 12 Jan 2018, 12:10

Hi Dave Rabelink,

I don't see this in the .apt file, but found it while opening in the editor.
buffer_code.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ujwala.e
India

Post by Ujwala.e » 12 Jan 2018, 12:15

Moreover I tried to split the PLSQL command and found that the number arrays get executed while the application crashes for the string arrays.I even tried executing having each one of the string arrays, two of them create a crash, and one of them gives the error ORA-01480: trailing null missing from STR bind value , with 田 in the statement section.
Is this a Unicode issue? How can I find the issue with the return values of the string arrays?
I have tried with hardcoded values and this statement executes properly with proper values in the out parameters.

Please Help!

Thanks,
Ujwala.

Return to “General Discussion”