TABResizeForm

General discussion forum about all things Team Developer 7.x
Giorgio Bravi
Italy

TABResizeForm

Post by Giorgio Bravi » 27 Dec 2017, 12:17

Hi all

We're in the migration process from 5.2 to 7.0.3 and discovered that function TABResizeForm is not supported in qtab2tab.apl.

We used widely this function in our projects to create a top margin for forms indide a Tab and maintain objects associated in the upper part of the original tab.

How to manage that in 7.0.3? Someone have a workaround?

Thanks.

Giorgio.

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: TABResizeForm

Post by Jeff Luther » 27 Dec 2017, 20:47

I haven't thought about qtab2tab for a long time, but found a copy of an APL of it I have in my "pre-v6 samples" folder under my TD v6.0 folder. I've enclosed a copy of that file -- saved in text mode.

I see in the APL file that it's file version is '40' -- whereas TD v5.2 is '39' and the release of TD v6.0 is '41.' So the attached APL looks to have been an internal intermediate version release during v6.0 testing only. When I back-ported the APL to v5.2 and tried to compile with v5.2 several SalTab functions, like SalTabSetPageTitle(), fail, indicating that this version isn't what you were using for your 5.2 app.

What's more interesting to me is that your function TABResizeForm() isn't even in this APL. Gupta generally didn't remove a function ( i.e., deprecate it) with a later release, so I suspect your TAB function is user-defined.

You wrote
that function TABResizeForm is not supported in qtab2tab.apl
Why not? I'd suggest a test case with what you describe in your msg, attach a zip of it, and give more details as to what's 'not supported, Giorgio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California
TD info. & samples: http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/

Giorgio Bravi
Italy

Post by Giorgio Bravi » 29 Dec 2017, 16:47

Yes, you're right... we use it so often in our applications that I was led to think it was native!

The unsupported functions are SetPageSize(nLeft,nTop,nRight,nBottom,bResize) and ResizePages()

Sorry for mistake Jeff.... but my problem still remain and i don't know how to solve ;-)

Giorgio

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 29 Dec 2017, 17:37

The unsupported functions are SetPageSize(nLeft,nTop,nRight,nBottom,bResize) and ResizePages()
Well, first thing I would do is look at your v5.2 source and find out where these functions are declared:
> Global Declaration functions section?
> Declared in another APL your 5.2 code includes?
> (Not likely, but) perhaps functions declared local to a form that calls these functions?

They are somewhere in your original code, of course ;) So when you find them copy/paste or include the APL, etc. in your v7 code.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California
TD info. & samples: http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/

Giorgio Bravi
Italy

Post by Giorgio Bravi » 29 Dec 2017, 17:49

I have tried but these functions are part of pagelist.apl and declared in the cFormPageList and cFormPageItem classes
Now the structure of the new Tab has changed.
Following the code in 5.2 I tried to remedy and I managed to move the form associated with the Tab but as a consequence the other objects associated with the Tab are no longer displayed.
I attached the test in 7.0.3
test01.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”