Solved ActiveX integration with Word Object library

Discussion forum about all things Team Developer 7.x
a_sivababu
India

ActiveX integration with Word Object library

Post by a_sivababu » 14 Mar 2018, 03:34

Hi All,

I have requirement to integrate word with Team Developer 7. to start this, I have tried to download the samples from Dave's site and tried to test but i did not succeed on this.

It seems the sample uses Word 8 object library but the object library version is 11 if I create ActiveX library from my system. this could be due to newer office version in my system. Due to this higher version, I am getting error in few methods like .Init() etc.

Note:- I am unable to convert some Dave's samples to TD 7.0 as it says I need to covert with lower version TD and then this version. I do not know why as I did not face problem when I migrated my files from CTD 1.5.1 to TD 6.3.

I also tried to check COM sample for Word but I could not.

Can you please share idea or sample if you have it? I am happy if the sample is there in C# wrapper as this is integrated with TD win32 through gailwrapper.

Thanks!
Siva A

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 14 Mar 2018, 06:35

Which specific samples are you referring to?
When we know the exact sample you have tried, we can see to get it working on TD 7.0.

As for the conversion issue, the requirement to have text format files is introduced in TD 7.0, so you are right you did not see this in TD 6.3.
(meaning any normal format sources need to be saved to text format first using TD 4.2 or earlier before they can be opened in TD7.0 and up)

I recommend Jeff Luther TD-Converter tool to save TD binary (normal) files to text format:

http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/td-converter.htm
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 14 Mar 2018, 14:14

Hi Dave,
Thanks a lot for your response. I got your point. I will check for word samples and get back to you with error and compiled in newer version.

Regards,
Sivababu A

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 14 Mar 2018, 16:37

Thanks, Dave, for passing along my TD-Converter link. Unfortunately, I didn't update that page on my site :( when I released my newest version last year.

Sivababu A, click on this forum link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=104

to download the newest version -- which I released as a beta version last year -- and does allow for back-converting from TD v7 and earlier. Meanwhile, I'll update my jeffluther.net/TD site area and add this latest version.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California
TD info. & samples: http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 23 Jun 2018, 08:26

Thanks Jeff and Dave.

There is a change in the method and arguments in higher version of word object library. Gupta has updated their sample folder inline with this higher version word/excel library and this works!

\Samples\SQLWindows\ActiveX\Microsoft Office Automation

Note:- if someone wants to use samples from Dave's site and getting compilation errors. No problem! please replace the deprecated methods by referring the above sample. that's it. it will work!

Thanks
Siva A

Return to “General Discussion”