Localization for not listed languages

Discussion forum about all things TD Mobile.
ozmenbetul
Turkey

Localization for not listed languages

Post by ozmenbetul » 13 Sep 2019, 08:00

Hi,

As far as I see, Turkish is not listed as a supported localization language in TD Mobile.

In fact there are two different issues with this concept.

1) I'm currently designing my pages with Turkish titles, labels etc but the default locale is English and it affects date formats etc, so I parse my dates, numbers etc myself. What I'd prefer would be being able to select Turkish as default, export language items for Turkish to the xml or csv language file, than getting a copy of it for example for English, French etc and import those files. Importing is OK, but the default locale can't be selected Turkish in this scenario.

2) If issue (1) can't be resolved, OK, then I'd design my pages in English, export language file, prepare the Turkish version of it and import. But this time, Turkish is not listed as a supported language for localization.

What would you advice for the localization of not listed languages in TD Mobile?

Thank you,
Betül

a_sivababu
India

Re: Localization for not listed languages

Post by a_sivababu » 13 Sep 2019, 08:33

Hi,
Multilingual in TDMobile is very powerful than other languages. Please read the TDMobileApplicantionDevelopment.PDF from TDMobile 2.3 books folder. Just excerpt from the books but i would request you to read it thorughly

Adding UI Language Choices
The TD Mobile IDE comes with a list of around 20 initial choices for UI languages. However, if you are interested in having your application support clients with localized text from a locale not among those choices, you can add to that list. To do this, bring up the TD Mobile Preferences dialog (File > Preferences on the ribbon application menu). Note the "Additional Languages" setting. Use the "+" and "--" buttons to add and remove additional language choices from your TD Mobile installation.

if you still have issues in it then we can also use i81n.js, td.js syntax for doing it dynamically too.

Thanks
Siva A

ozmenbetul
Turkey

Post by ozmenbetul » 13 Sep 2019, 08:43

Thank you for showing the way.

I'll study on that.

My best,

Betül

ozmenbetul
Turkey

Post by ozmenbetul » 24 Sep 2019, 14:22

This worked OK.

I'm now able to add Turkish.

The sample project internationalization.apx is also very useful.

Betül

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 24 Sep 2019, 14:29

Hello,

Good that it worked, Betül.

I was also able to add Turkish according to the instructions.

But I meet some problems with my sample project.

I have a dialog box where the user uses to sign in the application.

First, I switch to English, my main screen turns to English. Then I click the "Sign In" button. But the dialog box contents remain in Turkish. I close the dialog, switch to another page, return, and click Sign In button again. The dialog contents are in English, now, as it is supposed to be. I'm attaching the screenshots in order.

I think there's a refresh problem with the language.

How can I solve this?

Thank you for any help.

Fatih
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozmenbetul
Turkey

Post by ozmenbetul » 02 Oct 2019, 10:48

Hi, Fatih,

Strange that it happens.

Did you solve this issue?

Betül

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 02 Oct 2019, 10:51

not yet, unfortunately.

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 03 Oct 2019, 11:36

Hi,
Will there be any small sample on this. I will try to change it and share it if this is not fixed with even through work around.

Can be done through Javascript if there is an issue.

Thanks.
Siva A

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 03 Oct 2019, 14:06

It's strange that there's no problem in the sample project that I attached.

But the problem still exists in the real project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 05 Oct 2019, 06:20

Hi Fatih,
In that case, I am not sure what you are doing it in Dialog box. Just try to comment the dialog box events which it may prevents to show the message.

I just downloaded but it does not open up since this is created from Trial version. I am just going through the HTML and see that there are couple of Javascript function LanguageTR() & LanguageEN() but I am unable to see this both function.

I have tried to create sample with Label and dynamically (testi18n.js) setting label through Javascript. I have used both English and Tamil (indian language) which is working fine in both cases. Please download and use it. I have used testi18n.js file. so attached both.
dlgml.zip
Thanks
Siva A

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 06 Oct 2019, 15:57

Siva, thank you very much. I followed the way in your sample and now it's OK.

I just have one problem. Setting the caption text for grid column gives me an error. setCaption method works for anything fine, but with the grid column, I get an error. I'm attaching the screenshot.

Fatih

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 07 Oct 2019, 07:27

Hi Fatih,
Good.
Do you mean Grid Layout Container or Table window Control? Can you please verify the HTML Element ID for this and use the same for setting caption. If you still have doubt, pls send the sample .html and will check this from side..

Thanks
Siva A

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 07 Oct 2019, 12:24

Hi, Sİva

I mean the Table control (from Container ).

I'm attaching the html for my Table control and the related javascript code to set captions.
I'm trying to set the captions of table1_col1, table1_col2, table1_col3 and table1_col4.

The caption is "Adet" for Turkish, but it will be Piece for English, so I'm trying to make this change by : Td.Controls.get("table1_col1").setCaption("Piece"); (which is not working)

Thanks for any help,
Fatih

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 08 Oct 2019, 05:21

Table is also container which I forgot it. OK. Columns are children nodes of table Container. So, we should either loop through the table container and read on the child columns to set it (as it is in Team Developer) Or you can directly set it by Jquery text syntax.

Attached is updated sample to have direct label change and through i18n. Let me know if you have any doubt.
dlgml_tbl.zip
Thanks
Siva A

fatih
Turkey

Post by fatih » 08 Oct 2019, 09:05

Siva,

Thank you very much, worked

Return to “General Discussion”