I have a client that need an employee Self Service portal (500+ employees). If I do a standard EXE the deployment on 500 machines can be a nightmare for me.
I am considering upgrading to CTD7.2 with the .net option for wpf for browser (which I think less of a hastle for deployment)
But I would like to see your opinion/pros/cons or suggestions if this is a viable option, or to see if there is an efficient way to deploy on so many machines.
your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
My 2 cents on this...
I think you should migrate your win32 apps to TDMobile rather than migrating to .NET WPF Browser - ClickOnce if you want to go with Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service and Admin access for direct functional modules.
TD . NET (For Browser)
1. Will be opened in IE 11 Browser
2. No deployment required as it uses Click Once.
3. No ODBC in Client machine required
1. IE11 will be used for supporting legacy application as Edge Browser is now Microsoft Direction and they are moving to Chromium Browser than their Native Edge Engine.
3. It won't support devices like Phone, Tablet
4. It won't support other OS like MacOS, Linux
5. It does not support on other browsers though it is currently supported in firefox through Plugin but not sure whether they support it now.
1. It works in all Browsers IE, Edge, Opera, Safari, Chrome etc
2. It supports for all desktop Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and MacOS using ElectronJS as hybrid app or using Browser.
3. It supports for Mobile browsers and supporting installing as Hybrid app. This will be helpful as company suggests to bring BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
4. No Deployment, No ODBC in Client since it supports through Browser and Hybrid App
5. There is no plug-in like Push Notification, Finger Print or Iris scanner etc. This will be helpful for employees.
6. SSL and OAUTH2 can be integrated to have better security
7. Easy to integrate with 3rd party application such as DevExtreme, Telerik, Jquery Plugin etc.
9. you can do much more with TDMobile like integrating Bot Framework, Alexa etc.
10. Approval process will be done in many ways if we use TDMobile.
1. It might initially consumes some time to convert win32 to TDMobile but I would suggest to develop as Micro services in Agile way to go-live as phased manner.
By the way do you know the investment in buying TDMobile?
Again thank you for your help
Happy to support if you have any doubt during migration
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: [Ccbot] and 0 guests