Tab and Return not working in a Textbox inside a WPF Control which is inside a Dialog

Discussion forum about all things Gupta, OpenText and the community.
gaiflo
Germany

Tab and Return not working in a Textbox inside a WPF Control which is inside a Dialog

Post by gaiflo » 09 Jun 2020, 08:46

Hey forum!

I created a sample to show what is happening.

When i create a WPFControl which is inside a Dialog Box and in that WPFControl is a TextBox then Tab and Return don't get forwarded to the WPF control...
I tried lots of things but came to no solution. Also there is nothing compared to this in this forum and i tried everything which kinda could have been pointing to a solution.

I hope someone can help me with this because i'm at the end of my knowledge. If the control runs inside a native WPF window TAB and ENTER/RETURN work fine. The Textbox doesn'T lose focus and the tabs and linefeeds get inserted like they should. It just happens inside TeamDeveloper.

If you wanna run the sample you have to put the TextBoxLib.dll into your Gupta folder where the cb**.exe resides. I think. :D

Kind Regards,
Flo
WPFTest.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pipapone
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Tab and Return not working in a Textbox inside a WPF Control which is inside a Dialog

Post by Pipapone » 10 Jun 2020, 05:51

Hello gaiflo,

I have the same problem, in my UserControl KeyDown-Event doesnt fire for enter, arrow-keys,..
As workaround I added the missing methods to the user control and call them by some keyaccelators from wpf-Form, but I hate this solution.
And although using the KeyUp-Event works, it is not a solution I can deliver to my customers.

Greetings
Pablo

PS: This are precisely the problems that make development with Gupta so frustrating, the solutions seem so simple, and then you waste hour and hour for something self-evident and you make yourself an idiot, I hate it.
:oops:

gaiflo
Germany

Re: Tab and Return not working in a Textbox inside a WPF Control which is inside a Dialog

Post by gaiflo » 10 Jun 2020, 18:37

Pipapone wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 05:51
As workaround I added the missing methods to the user control and call them by some keyaccelators from wpf-Form, but I hate this solution.
And although using the KeyUp-Event works, it is not a solution I can deliver to my customers.
I guess i'll just throw in a "Enter" button so the user has to press that instead the one on the Keyboard.... :roll:
Pipapone wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 05:51
PS: This are precisely the problems that make development with Gupta so frustrating, the solutions seem so simple, and then you waste hour and hour for something self-evident and you make yourself an idiot, I hate it.
:oops:
My words! It's really a pain in the a** :|

gaiflo
Germany

Post by gaiflo » 15 Jun 2020, 20:08

Should i post this in a different forum or how can i get help for this problem?

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 18 Jun 2020, 09:08

The forum is correct.

I think there is no workaround which does not require actual changing the WPF component.

Best is to register a ticket with Gupta OpenText support.
(and report back the ticket/TD defect number here)
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

gaiflo
Germany

Post by gaiflo » 01 Jul 2020, 13:54

Dave Rabelink wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 09:08
Best is to register a ticket with Gupta OpenText support.
(and report back the ticket/TD defect number here)
Will do

Return to “General Discussion”