Setting for SQLBase 11.6 and TD 6.1

Discussion forum about all things SqlBase.
AM

Setting for SQLBase 11.6 and TD 6.1

Post by AM » 19 Jun 2013, 11:10

Hi,

we have encountered some problems on setting up a system where we use SQLBase 11.6 .NET Provider from a .NET windows service and also run TD 6.1 applications. My question is:

Is there a guideline which of the two products have to be in the PATH variable (and in which order) and in which folder the sql.ini should be stored. There is also the clientruntimedir in the sql.ini, where should this point to?

If I set the clientruntimedir to SQLBase folder, the .NET service works, but the TD 6.1 application won't.
If I set the clientruntimedir to TD 6.1 folder, the the TD 6.1 application works, but the .NET service won't.

So far we can only run one or the other. All settings we tried works only for one of the two cases.

To make things worse we have also a .NET webservice whichg uses the SQLBase 11.6 .NET Provider and also calls a TD 6.1 Com Object, so we need a solution where both things work from the same process.

Best Regards,

André

fakie

Re: Setting for SQLBase 11.6 and TD 6.1

Post by fakie » 03 Jul 2014, 22:26

Hi,

I've just encountered the same issue... is there already a solution for it?

Kind regards
Patrick

Peter.Hugk
Germany

Post by Peter.Hugk » 04 Jul 2014, 07:27

Me too ...

Please, Gupta could you help with this?

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 04 Jul 2014, 09:17

So a bit of clarification:

Where is the SQLBase server running from? Is this on the same server? This needs to have its own sql.ini file that has a clientruntimedir set to its directory. You shouldn't need a path statement for this to work.

You need to have a sql.ini file in the runtime directory of the TD application with a clientruntimedir set to that directory. The serverpath= statement should reference the server location.

The .NET application should use a connection string that includes a sql.ini file statement that points to a sql.ini file that has the clientruntimedir of the SQLBase runtime directory. So, "ini=<path and file name>"

Please let me know if this works for you.

fakie

Post by fakie » 05 Aug 2014, 16:15

After spending some time with procmon we figured out that "sqlws3210.dll" is missing in the client installation of SQLBase 11.6.
Since we copied the file to the directory we specified as "clientruntimedir" it works, with win32 and .NET ;-)

Is it an error in the client setup of SQLBase 11.6?

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 05 Aug 2014, 23:34

>>Is it an error in the client setup of SQLBase 11.6?<<

Nope. That file is a Team Developer file and is *never* installed with a SQLBase client installation (or server, for that matter).

Best regards,

fakie

Post by fakie » 06 Aug 2014, 18:26

Ok, but removing "sqlws3210.dll" from the sqlbase client directory (which is the directory I've specified for clientruntimedirectory) causes a DBError 9293 within my application.
Even if the "sqlws3210.dll" is located in the same directory as the application. So it exclusively expects it in the "clientruntimdirectory".

Application is built with Team Developer 6.1 SP2.
SQLBase Client is 11.6.2.7910.

Should I leave the "sqlws3210.dll" in the SQLBase client / clientruntimedirectory?
Or is the SqlBase client directory not supposed to be the clientruntimedirectory specified in sql.ini?

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 07 Aug 2014, 00:03

Not sure what is going on there. But it won't hurt to be in the SQLBase client directory. It won't hurt anything being there, and if it works... :)

Return to “General Discussion”