SQLBase 11.7.3 permanent U-Locks

Discussion forum about all things SqlBase.
Plasti

Re: SQLBase 11.7.3 permanent U-Locks

Post by Plasti » 26 Nov 2015, 09:07

Dear Mike,
here attached the fail.sql file.
The SQLConsole is the one that into guptatechnologies.com is available for 11.7 version...

http://www.guptatechnologies.com/softwa ... onsole.zip

We tried to use the SQL Base command Center but every time that we open the "Table Lock" section .... the command center crash.....

Regards
Mauro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 26 Nov 2015, 09:23

Hi Mauro,

It's the same problem as the first report: first a 1312 error (which shuts down the database) then a rollback error because the database is shut down.

What does the service errors show? Is there an event log? I suspect that there is another process that is running in the background that is causing the server engine to shut down.

We might need to get a netlog if we can't get this resolved.

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 26 Nov 2015, 09:58

Yes exactly, service logs are reporting the error attached (sorry is in Italian.... :? )...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 26 Nov 2015, 15:52

Can anyone do a quick translation? Just the basics of the message?

Thanks!

H3PO4
Germany

Post by H3PO4 » 26 Nov 2015, 16:28

Hi Mike,

The description for Event ID (300) in Source (Gupta SQLBase) could not be retrieved. The local computer may not have the necessary information in the registry or DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. Use / AUXSOURCE = flag to retrieve this description. For more information are part of the event: Database PLASTIAPE shutdown: Database Has Been shut down (please disconnect).

Regards
Henning

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 30 Nov 2015, 04:49

It's just showing the same message (1312). Something externally is shutting down the dbntsrv.exe service.

Can you try running it as an application instead of it as a service, i.e. stop the service and just double-click on the dbntsrv.exe? If that gets zapped then we can rule out a network process killing services...

FRBhote
India

Post by FRBhote » 30 Nov 2015, 06:14

Used to happen on 11.0.2 a lot and I finally gave up on that.

https://support.guptatechnologies.com/su ... 27&t=11686

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 30 Nov 2015, 08:16

This is another strange thing....
We had a lot of "SQLBase" transaction on our console, all users blocked without the possibilities to "cut" the transaction....
We are thinking that the "SQL Console" can cause this and we are trying to re-activate the new "Management Console".

We will activate also the DB as an application as suggested..

thank you

Regards

FRBhote
India

Post by FRBhote » 30 Nov 2015, 08:36

Found this very useful for killing connexions.

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 01 Dec 2015, 13:44

Happened another time,
we ask to all users to stay outside the system but a specific user is showed (and he switched off his PC) under the "DB Engine" but under SQL Console we have a "SQLBase" transaction freezed with lot of Xlocks table.
the only thing to do is close and reopen the DB Engine.

(starting from now the DB is running in application mode as suggested)

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 02 Dec 2015, 13:31

Just another info, we come back to a service..... with "application" all our system is very very very slow........

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 03 Dec 2015, 06:27

Did the client who was on the PC that still showed up do a ctrl-alt-del and abort the program?

You need to have a look at the cursor display to see what cursors are open. I suspect some cursor is not using an index and has locked up all the resources. You can use SQLConsole to have a look at a SQL Statement and Execution Plan of a cursor that have a very high SQL Cost.

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 04 Dec 2015, 08:37

Dear Mark,

No, the user is using the program normally.
We note that from the console when users run the operations the user name disappears and the message "SQLBase", stays there for a few seconds, and then disappears and returns the user name (with the same number of connection).
Sometimes "SQLBase" crashes and no longer able to exit the transaction, while blocking all others.

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 04 Dec 2015, 09:43

Forgive me if I'm repeating myself. Can I see the server's sql.ini file? Are you using TCP/IP or npipes?

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 04 Dec 2015, 10:39

dear Mike, no problem, is here attached.

Return to “General Discussion”