SQLBase 11.7.3 permanent U-Locks

Discussion forum about all things SqlBase.
Mike Vandine

Re: SQLBase 11.7.3 permanent U-Locks

Post by Mike Vandine » 09 Dec 2015, 09:26

There really isn't anything wrong-looking with the sql.ini file. :(

>>You need to have a look at the cursor display to see what cursors are open. I suspect some cursor is not using an index and has locked up all the resources. You can use SQLConsole to have a look at a SQL Statement and Execution Plan of a cursor that have a very high SQL Cost.<<

Have you been able to do this? This really looks like a 'runaway' cursor, but I can't prove it.

>>We note that from the console when users run the operations the user name disappears and the message "SQLBase", stays there for a few seconds, and then disappears and returns the user name (with the same number of connection).<<

Changing to 'SQLBase' and then back to the user name is normal for the display.

>>Sometimes "SQLBase" crashes and no longer able to exit the transaction, while blocking all others.<<

I'm not sure what you mean by this... Do you mean a cursor or process crashes and not the SQLBase actual server?

Best regards,

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 09 Dec 2015, 13:34

Dear Mike, about the cursors.
We ever have more or less 285 open cursors, I really don't know if this is normal or not.....

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 11 Dec 2015, 05:25

285 cursors should be fine.

Still looking for an answer to:

>>Sometimes "SQLBase" crashes and no longer able to exit the transaction, while blocking all others.<<

I'm not sure what you mean by this... Do you mean a cursor or process crashes and not the SQLBase actual server?

Plasti

Post by Plasti » 11 Dec 2015, 11:13

I mean that the connection change from "Username" to "SQLBase" and doesn't come back to "Username"...... all users are blocked and DB crash after 2 or 3 minutes in this state....

Mike Vandine

Post by Mike Vandine » 14 Dec 2015, 02:24

Hmmmmm. OK. The 2-3 minute gap is that the SQLBase engine is writing things to the fail.sql file, etc. before shutting down.

We really need to get to the bottom of what is happening here.

Please contact me privately via email (mike.vandine@guptatechnologies.com) and let's see what we can do together.

Best regards,

Return to “General Discussion”