TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Discussion forum about all things SqlBase or SqlTalk
phil@informasys.com

TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Post by phil@informasys.com » 08 Nov 2011, 00:55

I'm having trouble with TD6 SP1 Database Explorer. It doesn't "see" SQLBase 11.6. SQLTalk and SQLBase Command Center (TD6) both connect OK. I frequently use Database Explorer to manually modify data - something I don't think Command Center does. I'm able to use SB11.6 SQLConsole, but that is more time consuming. I have to go through over 300 tables to delete data from most, but not all tables. Having a script doesn't work because our database design changes every week. Any thoughts or suggestions?

phil@informasys.com

Re: TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Post by phil@informasys.com » 08 Nov 2011, 00:56

Forgot- Win 7 x64

phil@informasys.com

Re: TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Post by phil@informasys.com » 08 Nov 2011, 02:30

I un-installed TD6 SP1 and installed TD6 SP4. Something is very strange, Connectivity Administrator doesn't see a sql.ini in the Team Developer 6.0 folder, there was none, I copied a working sql.ini from Team Developer 6.0\SQLBase folder, still no help and the tool still doesn't see the sql.ini file. SQLTalk works from the TD6 folder and the SQLBase subfolder. SQLBase Command Center can also connect. I found Database Explorer doesn't connect to my SQ 11.0.2 server either. Forty-five minutes later I'm no better off than when I started, except I got my data cleaning done with SQLConsole (11.6) and SQLTalk when SQLConsole crashed on some tables.

I think I give up on this for now.

Mirko
Italy
Posts: 1299
Joined: 04 Apr 2017, 08:56
Location: Geneva

Re: TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Post by Mirko » 15 Dec 2011, 08:07

Hello,

I have the same problem right now ! Did you sort it out ?
Where (wich forlder) did you install TD ???

Mirko

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Re: TD6 SP1 Database Explorer Can't Connect to SQLBase

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 13 Jan 2012, 18:14

Hi All and Ciao Mirko

Well I went back on 6.0 SP1 RTM ( no EMP) as I know I have no problem with 6.0 SP4.
I also use win7 64 bit and I'm fine with 6.0 SP1 and DB explorer. So not sure what is the problem here.

Basically :
-TD600SP1 on the system path.
-One and only one SQL.INI only ( well I have ALL TD Version from 1.12 to 6.1 ) so I have multiple SQL.INI in each install of TD BUT NO WHERE ELSE ie windows dir
-No NASTY SQLBASE environment variable
-Making sure that the SQL.INI from the TD install contains proper clientruntimedir=the install path of TD6.0 SP1 with the proper SBAPI in it ( sqlbapw10.dll, sqlwntm10.dll, sqlws3210.dll) this is the one that TD6.0 Client MUST BE USING
-make sure when launch DB explorer that your SERVER IS SET see snapshot

That's about it. If I would have problem I would
-use process explorer (sysinternals) open CBI60.EXE then go to DB EXPLORER and check the LIST OF DLL loaded there
-Also the usual trick to ON PURPOSE do a MISTAKE in the SQL.INI you believe to be used ie COMDLL= to COOOMMDLL, if there be no error saying SQL.INI is wrong you probably use other SQL.INI

Not sure if that helps but what I wanted to tell is that I have no problem 6.0SP1/SP4 DB explorer on WIn7 64bit as shown bellow.

JM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “SqlBase General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: [Ccbot] and 0 guests