SQL Error nnnnn, not found in ERROR.SQL file

Discussion forum about all things SqlBase.
chelonet
Argentina

SQL Error nnnnn, not found in ERROR.SQL file

Post by chelonet » 13 Jan 2015, 20:01

Hello,

The application in TD 6.1 connects to SQL Server 2008, with ODBC.
In case of error in any SQL statement, I capture the message with SqlGetErrorText (nError, strText)

In certain users, when a SQL error occurs, I get the error sent by ODBC SQL Server Driver, for example:
Microsoft SQL Server: 102 [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] Incorrect syntax near 'BY' ...

But in others, I get:
SQL Error nnnnn, file not found in ERROR.SQL

The ERROR.SQL file is in the path.

I need to capture the correct error message. What should I look?

Mike Vandine

Re: SQL Error nnnnn, not found in ERROR.SQL file

Post by Mike Vandine » 14 Jan 2015, 00:42

First, check the error.sql file that you think it is using to see if the error really is in the file. If it is, you need to copy the error.sql file to wherever the application is running. Also check your sql.ini file that is being used to make sure that there is a 'clientruntime=' statement that points to the location where the error.sql file lives.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

chelonet
Argentina

Re: SQL Error nnnnn, not found in ERROR.SQL file

Post by chelonet » 14 Jan 2015, 18:01

Thanks Mike, but:
It was verified the file, and it is right bit by bit. With the same error.sql in some PC works and not in other PC.
Also check with Process Monitor (procmon.exe) and the application finds the correct file.

Also check the sql.ini file, and no entry 'clientruntime =', but with the same sql.ini in some PC works and not in other PC. I think that "clientruntime" is not necessary for SQL Server - ODBC.
In my PC is NOT the entry "clientruntime" and works perfectly.

Another thing that I can check?

Thank You

Return to “General Discussion”