TD60 (Win32) crashes using Informix after install SP1

General discussion forum about all databases other than SqlBase.
ivano_osti
Brazil

TD60 (Win32) crashes using Informix after install SP1

Post by ivano_osti » 03 Jan 2011, 12:00

Hi.

I ran into a problem with the 1st application that I tested with SP1.

See the problem with SqlPrepareAndExecute():
Screen01.JPG
See the problem with "Database Explorer" after double-click "Tables":
DatabaseExplorer.JPG
If I copy Sqlifx32.dll from TD60 with "No Service Pack", it works. I made few tests with the previous Sqlifx32.dll at this point and I'm not sure that it is reliable.

Our Informix version is: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.FC3

The Setnet version:
Setnet.JPG
Is there a workaround? Can I use the previous version of Sqlifx32.dll with SP1?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther

Re: TD60 (Win32) crashes using Informix after install SP1

Post by Jeff Luther » 03 Jan 2011, 23:50

Ivano: (I tested OK when connected to Informix via ODBC, right now I cannot connect via native router for some reason.)

So, I asked tech help internally about this and got this info. back from one of the QA engineers:
Just now we executed all Informix tests using TD60 SP1 and they all pass. All those tests includes SqlPrepareAndExecute.

OS used is WINDOWS XP 32-bit English.

Client: Informix SqlConnect 3.0 and 3.5 on client side.

Server: Informix 11.5.

From the screenshot that is attached, it seems his client version in not matching. Our client side Setnet32 utility shows 3.50.TC8 whereas customer shows 3.50.TC3DE.
When you downloaded SP1, if you got it from the Unify/Downloads page: http://www.guptatechnologies.com/Servic ... loads.aspx
and clicked on the second link, that gave you a patch/upgrade for v6. If that is how you got SP1, you might want to:
* download the "Test Drive" version - that has a 'test drive' PMC on the web page, but do not use that PMC
* uninstall your v6, as a test
* Install that full 'test drive' version and use your own PMC for it. (It is only a 'test drive' installation if you use the test drive PMC)
* See if that full install of v6 SP1 works for you with Informix.

P.S. I will also attach the SP1 Informix DLL. Perhaps you got a bad copy?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ivano_osti
Brazil

Post by ivano_osti » 04 Jan 2011, 18:30

Hi Jeff.
When you downloaded SP1, if you got it from the Unify/Downloads page: http://www.guptatechnologies.com/Servic ... loads.aspx
and clicked on the second link, that gave you a patch/upgrade for v6
Yes, it is how I got the SP1.

Now it is working fine with Informix.

I followed your tip and did this:
1) I uninstalled my TD60
2) I downloaded and installed "Team Developer 6.0 SP1 for Windows" from the GLS electronic download as we have GLS.

After that, problem solved.

The Sqlifx32.dll that you provided me is the same as I had after do a FULL installation of "Team Developer 6.0 SP1 for Windows".

I'll ask my team mates to install SP1 (just upgrade) but I'll give them this Sqlifx32.dll

If you decide to compare, I'm sending you Sqlifx32 that I had when installing TD60 (working fine) and the one I had problems after install SP1 from http://www.guptatechnologies.com/Servic ... loads.aspx

I could not understand why I had problems after install SP1 downloaded from http://www.guptatechnologies.com/Servic ... loads.aspx

I appreciate your efforts in helping me.

Thank you once more.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 05 Jan 2011, 00:37

Glad this worked for you!

Re the ZIP file you attached: Your file naming seems to tell me that one is the original v6 that was released, the second from v6 SP1. If so, it would be a much better test to have you provide:
* sqlifx32.dll you got when you applied the v6 SP1 upgrade/patch
vs.
* sqlifx32.dll you got when you did the full/complete install of SP1.

Those should be the exact same - binary for binary -- and if not, that could be the issue.

ivano_osti
Brazil

Post by ivano_osti » 05 Jan 2011, 15:24

Hi Jeff.
one is the original v6 that was released
Yes, Sqlifx32_WhenInstallingTD60.dll
the second from v6 SP1
No, the second is from the upgrade/patch: Sqlifx32_AfterInstallSP1.dll
* sqlifx32.dll you got when you applied the v6 SP1 upgrade/patch
vs.
* sqlifx32.dll you got when you did the full/complete install of SP1.

Those should be the exact same - binary for binary -- and if not, that could be the issue.
They are not the same:
fc.JPG
Sqlifx32_AfterInstallSP1.dll is the one I got when I applied the v6 SP1 upgrade/patch
Sqlifx32.dll is the one when I did the full/complete install of SP1.

Well, it's working now.

Thank you

Return to “General Discussion”