Connect to Oracle

General discussion forum about all databases other than SqlBase.
Charlie
Canada

Re: Connect to Oracle

Post by Charlie » 21 Jul 2011, 13:41

What "version" of TD2.1? Have you applied any of the PTF's? Reason I ask: when we upgraded TD2.1 by applying PTF1, our applications stopped working. We had to replace the sqlora32.dll from PTF1 with the original from the initial TD2.1 install. (i.e. the sqlora32.dll file in PTF1 was bad!)

chrisocm
Malaysia

Post by chrisocm » 26 Jul 2011, 08:57

Hi Charlie

Sorry for the confusion. I was able to connect to the oracle using td2.1 bcos the client is using oracle 6. the program runs fine now. thanks. I noticed you mentioned that td2.1 do not work with oracle 9 and above. I have another site using oracle 9 for client and i tried connecting....:-( Any other options that I can tr y to overcome this. is there a patch that i can download so that td2.1 works on oracle 9?

Rgds
Chris

Harald
Germany

Post by Harald » 27 Jul 2011, 11:49

Did you try uselob=1 in sql.ini?

[oragtwy]
uselob=1

chrisocm
Malaysia

Post by chrisocm » 29 Jul 2011, 03:42

Hi Charlie

Tried that but still could not communicate with sql router. I noticed from the 'connecting Centura objects to databases', it says

To make an OCI application work with any of their SQL*Net versions, Oracle released OCIW32.dll. Centura certified Oracle connectivity with OCIW32.dll. This lets SqlRouter/Oracle communicate effectively with version 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0.x, and future versions of oracle. to make the proper version of oracle's "OCI" software is used, the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE

contains a value for the parameter ORAOCI. This should be set to the correct version of Oracle's dll:

E.G

Oracle 7.1 = ORANT71.DLL
Oracle 8.0.3 = ORA803.DLL

Over here, my client pc is oracle 9i. I've checked and there is no ORAOCI parameter in the registry. How shld I put in the value there and what sort of values?

Rgds
Chris

Charlie
Canada

Post by Charlie » 29 Jul 2011, 17:59

With an old Oracle client compatible with TD2.1, you can connect to any version of Oracle.

For example, in our case, we use our Oracle client (7.3.3) to connect to Oracle 11g database.

As far as I know, you will not be able to get TD2.1 working with Oracle clients 9 and above, no matter what unless somebody out there can show otherwise.

Return to “General Discussion”