M!Table 3.0.1 has been released

Post your tools and samples or ask for them.
micsto
Germany

M!Table 3.0.1 has been released

Post by micsto » 12 Oct 2018, 09:41

Download: http://www.micsto.com/Centura/Download/MTbl.exe

New features
- New row flags:
MTBL_ROW_BLOCK_BEGIN
MTBL_ROW_BLOCK_END
Can be used to keep rows together on one page when printing.

Fixes
Defect #189
M!Table crashes when edit mode is ended with ESC and ROW_Selected or ROW_Hidden is set on SAM_Validate

Defect #188
Under certain conditions, popup edits are editable even if the column is disabled ( only TD 6.3 or higher )

Defect #187
Under certain conditions, tooltips are displayed on several monitors, e.g. one part on the left monitor and one part on the right monitor

Defect #186
Under certain conditions, the vertical scrollbars aren't visible when the table has split rows and/or the Office 2013 theme is used

Gamadil
France

Re: M!Table 3.0.1 has been released

Post by Gamadil » 12 Jan 2019, 13:10

Hi micsto

I'm happily using mtbl for 20 years, but I'm quite in trouble... there is a huge application (massively using mtbl) I have to translate from 32 bits (works nice in GTD7.0/32) to GTD7.0.5/64. I'm using mtbl70x64, (last version dated 12/10/2018) and any call to a mtbl function is provoking instability, quickly leading to the horrific "Internal memory has become invalid" message, or a crash. Seems the first table accept to be formatted with MTblSubClass , but any subsequent call to this function or mtbl function (or use of the table, like selecting a row) trigger the error.

I started the mtbl.app application to make some more inquiries - seems to works quite fine, anyway better than with my application, but totally crash (with GTD crashing to when in run mode) when I'm clicking on any column title 'like "I'm a column header group", so I suppose there is basically some problem in this version of mtbl. Or may I be doing something wrong ? Is there any previous steps I missed like regsvr32 something ?

Thanks for the nice work on mtbl - and for the help

Guillaume

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 12 Jan 2019, 21:10

Hi Guillaume,

I just tested the M!Table sample application in TD70 x64 and TD71 x64 and found no crashes when clicking column titles.
Is there any previous steps I missed like regsvr32 something
No steps needed. M!Table is registration-less.

Could be a missing or different version of the Microsoft runtime?

Just another question, out of interest:

Is there a specific reason you need or want the application to be 64 bit?
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

Gamadil
France

Post by Gamadil » 14 Jan 2019, 13:20

Hi Dave

Thanks for the answer - glad to know the problem is probably locally on my side and is not impairing the whole principle of the migration. I confirm I can't click on column title in the demo application, or on any of the row headers without getting an immediate crash... I will try installing everything clean on a new workstation and see if the problem is repeating. Which version of windows are you using ? (I'm on W7).

I'm currently developing and maintaining applications for various customers in CTD 3.1, CTD 6.3, CTS 7.0/32 and CTD 7.0/64 on the same workstation (but I know it sounds crazy). I try to keep each environment clean and independent of the others, but I suspect I've got somewhere a bad dll or register entry interfering with the mtbl/64 version... I will continue looking.

For your question : The customer I'm working for is using this huge (really huge - this is the whole management of blood transfusion activity at country level) application using mainly Citrix clients. They want to switch from their current 3.1 version to 7.0 (mainly to allow the creation and use of web services based on the same functional code as the actual fat clients), and all the new Citrix servers farms they plan to use for that are 64 bits, so they consider they will get better performances and a "cleaner" environment by using a 100% 64 bits solution, may it be for the application itself, web services or Oracle clients. I'm personally not that sure the performance gain will be really interesting, but customer's king (and, well know fact, power drive you mad). Beside, it seems the bright days of 32 bit architectures are now fading, and the future is probably in full 64 bits platforms, so this is a good occasion to switch since there will be a lot to do anyway on validation to change the environment for 3000+ users - lost for lost, maybe it's better to go as far as we can :)

Cheers
Guillaume

micsto
Germany

Post by micsto » 17 Jan 2019, 10:56

Hi Guillaume,

I've tested the M!Table demo app (64 Bit) in my environment and there are no crashes when clicking on a column and/or row header.
I'd recommend a stand alone installation of TD 7.05/64 on a clean workstation, then retest the M!Table demo app and/or your application.

Return to “Tools & Samples”