I converted my applications from TD2.0 to TD63. My applications on TD6.3 works well but exception is on qcktabs.apl.
When moving from one tab to another in a form , I got the error 'An unknown exception has occured, the application is going to shutdown'. My application then close unexpectedly.
The problem is erratic and can occur suddenly on any form window using tab form. However, when re-opening same form window, it works correctly.
Can I have a solution to this problem?
maybe you use qcktabs.apl from TD62.
Have a look at external functions:
Do you see
Code: Select all
Library name: qtabi62.dll
Code: Select all
Library name: qtabi63.dll
[ frevel & fey ] Software-System GmbH
I have only TD63 installed on my new windows 10 lap.
The Library name is qtabi63.dll.
But my version is TD 6.3.9. Is the problem related to it?
This issue is preventing me to migrate to TD6.3
Please find me a solution
- Founder/Site Admin
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 09:12
- Location: Gouda, The Netherlands
You can not detect it when using the IDE.
Please try this:
- First copy all converted source files into one folder (*.apt, *.apl)
- Be sure all files are in text (or indented text) format. Files should be opened using a text editor. Normal format files are binary and next steps will fail on those)
- Use a text search tool to find text occurrences in the source files. I recommend to use a tool like TextCrawler. Use the free version
- Search for this text : 20.dll
- When found hits, check if those occurrences are dll's from the TD runtime. Like vti20.dll
- If you find TD dll's, use the text search tool to replace 20.dll with 63.dll
- Rebuild your application
By correcting all faulty dll references, the issue is probably gone.
A complete step-by-step guide to port from old to new TD versions can be found here:
I found the issue with the textcrawler tool in one of my libraries , which are still referring to 20.dll
I am an old Gupta developer started in the year 1994 with sqlwindows 16-bit and afterwards worked on TD2000.
I have done marvellous things with this product for nearly 14 years.
Gupta is a nice tool but it should be more visible on the market for the younger generation.
I am now motivated to migrate all my TD2 codes to TD6.3
Thanks a lot.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: [Ccbot] and 0 guests