TD-4011: Different behaviour of CTW columns depend on justify setting

Report bugs and possible workarounds for ANSI TD versions
FerBi

TD-4011: Different behaviour of CTW columns depend on justify setting

Post by FerBi » 30 Oct 2007, 15:41

We realised, that the columns in a child table window show different behavior depending on the justify setting of the columns.

I attached a sample source to reproduce it. It's made with CTD 2.1 PTF 2 but I also testes it in 5.1 and had the same problems.

First I describe what we've done in the sample: We open a window with a child table window. In that CTW we have 3 columns - all numeric, but one is aligned left, one is centered and one is aligned right.

During creation we insert a line into the table. Now let's go and write some values to the columns. We can insert a value into the left aligned column which is by far longer than the width of the column. The first digits just scrolls out of view. Seems ok for us as none of the fields has a limitation.

Now try to insert such long values in centered or right aligned fields. It won't scroll at all. It is possible to insert as many digits as fit into the column. Stop debugging and change the layout of the columns and make them smaller. Afterwards try again. Less digits can be inserted now as the column width became smaller.

That confused some users as from one version to another, they could insert less digits just because the justify setting was changed to center. Is it a bug or a feature?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mando

Re: TD-4011: Different behaviour of CTW columns depend on justify setting

Post by mando » 14 Nov 2007, 20:16

Hello,

We've logged this into our system. This is defect TD-4011.

Return to “Bug Reports (TD 4.2 and older)”