How to find the actual buglist?

Report bugs and possible workarounds for ANSI TD versions
Thomas Eberle

How to find the actual buglist?

Post by Thomas Eberle » 10 Jan 2008, 13:09

Hi

I have some troubles to find out, if a certain problem has already been reported and acknowledged.
Is there a public list of all open TD-????? with a date when the issue supposed to be fixed?

This would help a lot not to post the same things again.

Thanx
Thomas

Mike Vandine

Re: How to find the actual buglist?

Post by Mike Vandine » 14 Jan 2008, 09:04

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, but we don't make the buglists available for publication.

Best regards,

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 15 Jan 2008, 01:41

Hi Mike,

An understandable approach - I don't think any software developer displays ALL their dirty laundry for everyone to see. :wink:

However, would Unify consider summarizing just the defects raised by the customer base and confirmed by Unify with bug numbers in this forum? If possible, identifying their current status and targeted patch/version. Including a link to the original thread in which each bug was raised would also be advantageous.

This would facilitate customer checking for known issues without having to search through the all forum threads, and may prevent unnecessary duplicate threads being raised, as well as providing information about their status/outcome.

Cheers,
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

caa

Post by caa » 15 Jan 2008, 05:10

Terry,

I'm not against summarizing bug #'s reported on the forums... but I am concerned about allocating enough resource to not only make the first pass, but update it as we move forward. Especially when you get bugs closed along the way, or targeted towards specific service packs, etc. I'd welcome help here :-)

The real issue is how do you find existing bug #'s. I had hoped that the search function would allow users to do that, along with other useful items, but it's clearly not up to snuff. I'm looking for alternatives.

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 15 Jan 2008, 07:28

Hi Chris,

Here's a zip of a spreadsheet I created to track them myself, prior to the release of SP1 (currently it only goes up to TD-4000).
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs.zip
I've updated the status for the one's indicated as fixed in SP1, but haven't added any that have been raised since. There may also be some that are enhancements, rather than bugs, but I haven't yet changed the entry in the Type column for them. Of course, there could be some missing or incorrectly detailed - I had to scan the forums manually to find them, then copy/paste/summarize the description.

The list could be updated to include the bug fixes listed in the SP1 release notes (even if they weren't raised via the forums), along with other TD items raised since, and indicating any that have already been earmarked as fixed in SP2. If I get to it, I'll post a revised version next weekend.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 20 Jan 2008, 08:10

Hi All,

I've revised the spreadsheet to inlude the list of bugs fixed in SP1, and added ones raised since TD-4000, up to TD-4248.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs.zip
Again, this has been done via manually searching the forums and copying/pasting a (hopefully) meaningful description, so it may not be accurate or complete.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 02 Feb 2008, 03:16

Hi All,

Heres another update of my forum bug list spreadsheet.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4279.zip
Cheers,
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 02 Feb 2008, 10:41

Terry,

Very good work. It is nice to have such a buglist !

Dave
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 14 Mar 2008, 23:17

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't get around to this last weekend, but here is the latest version of my Bug List Excel spreadsheet updated with bugs recorded over the last month or so. I've merged in the proposed SP2 fix list that Chris A posted last week, and set up separate worksheet tabs for the SP1 and (proposed) SP2 lists.

Comparing the proposed list with the main list, there were only about 15 out of the 72 listed that were in the list from the forums. The other ones are now in there as well, without a value in the Source column.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4442.zip
Cheers
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 07 Apr 2008, 00:41

Hi All,

I've updated my bug list spreadsheet to merge in the revised SP2 list Chris posted last week. There were a number of changes to the previous list with some bug fixes removed and others added, for a net gain of 4 fixes. In the Main List worksheet I've highlighted the new ones with bold/green text in the SP2 column, and marked the removed ones in bold/strikethrough.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4472.zip
Cheers
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 08 Apr 2008, 06:30

Hi All,

I've revised my TD 5.1 bug list summary spreadsheet again since the release of SP2 using the list Chris posted from last Friday.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4524.zip
A couple of bugs previously included (4302, 4314) appear to have been removed from the previous week's proposed list, but quite a few more have been added (including some previously marked as removed) for a total of 89. I think I've merged them all in correctly, but the other worksheet tabs in the spreadsheet contain the lists as posted if you want to be sure.

I tested a couple of issues with MDI Windows/Menus that I had raised that weren't included in the fix list (just in case) and they appear to have been fixed!
TD-4234 MDI Windows Menu: window selection list doesn't enable open windows for selection
TD-4235 MDI Windows Menu: the active window isn't ticked in the menu's window list

I also think the MDI Windows/Menus fixes cover the following bug not listed as fixed:
TD-3887 MDI child windows cannot be resized (after being maximized)

Of course, these may have been covered by fixes to other bugs, or there may be other reasons/scenarios that prevent these bugs from being listed as fixed in SP2. That's up to Unify to determine/advise.

A big thank you to Unify for the service pack. Of course, there will always be bugs that people will think should have been fixed that weren't, but at least we're moving forward again.

Cheers,
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

caa

Post by caa » 09 Apr 2008, 00:28

Terry,

The list that I'm posting is "customer-visible defects" only. It may be that some were inappropriately marked or unmarked as visible between the two lists, and you're seeing that as your discrepancy. No defect has been removed between the two lists, only new ones added.

Non-customer-visible defect types can include things like build errors, documentation errors, 3rd party integration problems, regressions that occur one day and are fixed the next, etc. All things we think that customers won't care about, but are a necessary part of the software development process. So, we don't include them in our fixed bug lists that we post.

TD-3887 may have been a duplicate of another defect that has been fixed (TD-3542), and that might be why you're seeing this as resolved. We left the defect open for further testing.

Anyway, thank you for your work on maintaining this list! We all appreciate it!

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 18 Apr 2008, 23:56

Hi All,

Here's another update to my TD 5.1 Reported Bug List spreadsheet. Hope I haven't missed any.
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4551.zip
Cheers
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

TerryP
Australia

Post by TerryP » 26 Apr 2008, 00:17

Another update through to 4606. Let me know if I've missed any and I'll add them into the next version:
TD 5.1 Reported Bugs to TD-4606.zip
@Chris: Would it useful/possible to get this thread pinned to the top of the Bug Reports forum?

Cheers,
Terry Phythian
Reprise Consulting

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Dave Rabelink » 27 Apr 2008, 07:15

TerryP wrote:@Chris: Would it useful/possible to get this thread pinned to the top of the Bug Reports forum?
I agree. This buglist summary is very handy !

Nice job Terry !

Maybe an idea to enhance the buglist file with weblinks.
It would be easy to jump from the Excel file bug listing to the actual forum webpage where the bug is discussed and where repro-cases are posted.
I have added two weblinks in your last file as example.

Click on weblink cell will open the according forum post.
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

Return to “Bug Reports (TD 4.2 and older)”