TD-6768: COM interface Dispatch Numbers being reset

Report bugs and possible workarounds for ANSI TD versions
tony

TD-6768: COM interface Dispatch Numbers being reset

Post by tony » 18 May 2009, 08:03

I'm porting an "In-Proc COM Server (DLL)" (see CTD menu option Project/Build Settings) from CTD2000 to TD5.1 sp6 on Windows XP. This COM object defines an interface with some 200 methods. The original was developed over time so the Dispatch Numbers (see Interface: Function: Attributes) do not run in order in the code and there are missing numbers in the sequence. Changing the Dispatch Numbers (ie "Export Ordinals") is not an option as the many compiled applications that use it depend on these remaining the same.

TD5.1 sp6 allows me to change all the Dispatch Numbers as I as wish and then compiles ok. HOWEVER, if I then save the application and re-open it all the Dispatch Numbers get reset to run in sequence starting at zero every time. Needless to say I am not very happy about this :!: :!: :!:

PS: It also renumbers the entire sequence whenever you insert a new Function in the interface - if you only knew how annoying that is!!!

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Re: TD-6768: COM interface Dispatch Numbers being reset

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 22 May 2009, 08:44

Hi

Yes indeed a problem since TD 3.0 in fact. with TD 2000 or 2.10 you can load an outline with DISPID not in order and with gaps fine. When you do with 3.0 or 5.1 it get re-ordered.... This is a problem when invoking by ID not by name

TD-6768
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bug Reports (TD 4.2 and older)”