Wrong behavior of input mask in dynalib files

Report bugs and possible workarounds for ANSI TD versions
Balázs Szűcs

Wrong behavior of input mask in dynalib files

Post by Balázs Szűcs » 06 Aug 2009, 03:43

Dear forum members!

I have some problem with using dynalib apd files in TD5.1 SP6.
I attached an example.

When you can run the moricka_fut.apt source, there will be 3 buttons: Moricka, Moricka2, Moricka3.
When you click on then, moricka_fut will use/load the apd file. All of three apd contains 3 fields with input mask.
moricka.apd has the rigth behavior: input masks work and there are no errors.
(You can see in the moricka_in_editor.JPG the rigth input masks in a text editor.)

1. problem:
moricka2.apd compiled from moricka2.apt source file. The source creation: moricka.apt saved as moricka2.apt.
In this new file we rewrited the existing input mask in the Attributes Inspector and save the file.
(You can see in the moricka2_in_editor.JPG the wrong input mask in a text editor.)
Then we compiled the source into moricka2.apd
In this file the number input mask is wrong. When run the apd file with the button in moricka_fut.apt and
you try to input the first and second field, you will get a windows runtime error.
(Note: when you run the source from TD5.1 editor there is no error and when you compile exe file and run it, there is no error!)
This is a major problem for us, so please try to give us a solution.

2. problem:
moricka3.apd compile from moricka3.apt source file. As you can see on moricka2_in_editor.JPG, there is no global mask in the source,
but you can see on moricka3_in_TD51.JPG the input mask and format in the Attribute Inspector.
In runtime we got the similar windows error or we can't any character in the field (the 3. field on the form window.)
(Note: when you run the source from TD5.1 editor there is no error and when you compile exe file and run it, there is no error!)

Both problem occurred only in the dynalibs.

I didn't find any similar topic in the forum, but please give me a solution, if you can. :)

Thanks;
Balázs Szűcs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Wrong behavior of input mask in dynalib files

Post by Dave Rabelink » 06 Aug 2009, 10:28

This seems the good old formats/picture mask bug present in dynalibs.

Read this article for the workaround :

https://wiki.tdcommunity.net/index.php/ ... el_windows
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

Balázs Szűcs

Re: Wrong behavior of input mask in dynalib files

Post by Balázs Szűcs » 06 Aug 2009, 22:51

Thanks for the answer!
This workaround seems to be good, and I agree that this is a bug because it caused windows runtime errors.

Best regards;
Balázs
Dave Rabelink wrote:This seems the good old formats/picture mask bug present in dynalibs.

Read this article for the workaround :

https://wiki.tdcommunity.net/index.php/ ... el_windows

Return to “Bug Reports (TD 4.2 and older)”