Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Report SqlBase bugs and possible workarounds.
WolfgangReich

Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by WolfgangReich » 14 Jun 2016, 09:11

Since we test SQLBase 12.0.1 with .NET provider we get application deadlock error 1801 steady in an accounting situation.
Because of the new multi threading server we set up a stress test in our accounting software: one user has 1000 bookings from an interface to be processed, this works very quickly. Two other users do bookings manual in dialog. This leads reliably to the mentioned 1801 error.
The transactions are very complex. But we can state: this works for long time already with 4 different database types, and also with SQLBase up to 11.6 and 11.7. But not with 12.0 and 12.0.1.
It doesn't matter whether the user has a 11.6 client or a 12.0.1 client. So I conclude it is a server problem.
The situation is in draft: user 1 inserts rows in a certain table (and other tables as well, complex transaction). User 2 has updated one row in that table and then searches for other rows in that table.
Isolation level RL. Iceteagroups PPJ Framework 2012 as intermediate layer, .NET Framework 4.0 / 4.5.

Wolfgang Reich
Syska GmbH

Mike Vandine

Re: Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by Mike Vandine » 20 Jun 2016, 03:54

Hi Wolfgang,

Can you please post your sql.ini file from the server?

Best regards,

WolfgangReich

Re: Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by WolfgangReich » 21 Jun 2016, 12:38

Hi Mike,

there is no sql.ini. All information is in a file sql.config. The section for this database reads like this (names are changed, not to unfold all information):

<database name="gp12092">
<provider name="SQLBase" namespace="Gupta.SQLBase.Data" assembly="Gupta.SQLBase.Data" brand="1" version="12.0.0" />
<default_datetime_type value="String" />
<default_decimal_type precision="21" />
<autocommit value="false" />
<named_parameters value="true" prefix=":" />
<mars_supported value="true" />
<connection_string value="Data Source=ska-server;Initial Catalog=GP12092;Server Name=sqlbase12;Port=2155;Transport=TCP;User=?;Password=?;TimeOut=300" />
<multiple_connections value="false" />
<encoding value="Ansi" />
<longvarchar_tostring value="True" />
<timeout value="300" />
</database>

regards
Wolfgang Reich

Mike Vandine

Re: Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by Mike Vandine » 23 Jun 2016, 02:51

Hmmmm.

This doesn't really tell me what I need. What are the setting for the server, i.e. readonly=, cache=, etc.

This connection string that you are using opens with RL? Seems without an isolation statement it would open with the default of RR, probably what what you would want.

Please let me see the entries from the *server's* sql.ini file.

Thanks!

WolfgangReich

Re: Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by WolfgangReich » 23 Jun 2016, 06:48

Hi Mike,

sorry, server side sql.ini, dbntsrv sections (client sections left off). Only minimum changes versus default version:

[dbntsrv]
dbname=ISLAND
dbname=SBTASK
ANSIJoinSyntax=1
centurydefaultmode=1
cache=64000
NamedPipes=Yes
tempdir=C:\sqlbase-dbs-120\
dbdir=C:\sqlbase-dbs-120\
ipv4listenaddress=0.0.0.0:2155
servername=sqlbase12
DBNAME=GP12092
consoleport=1433
locktimeout=300

[dbntsrv.dll]
comdll=sqlws32

[dbntsrv.apipe]

[dbntsrv.ws32]
ListenPort=2155

We connect with isolation level RL.

Best regards
Wolfgang Reich

Mike Vandine

Re: Deadlock Error 1801 since using SQLBase 12.0.1

Post by Mike Vandine » 03 Oct 2016, 02:56

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been extremely busy since the OpenText takeover.

You said that this is reproducible. Can you please post a small testcase that shows this and I will have a look.

Best regards,

Return to “Bug Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: [Ccbot] and 0 guests