We have had great success using the new set of drivers for 11.7. But we have run up against a problem. We cannot get a connection from a PHP program to a database. We always get this error:
PHP Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Gupta][ODBC Driver][SQLBase]00401 DBA COD Cannot open database, SQL state 08001 in SQLConnect in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\habwork.com\habclient\index.php on line 51
With Line 51 being the call to ODBC.
$handle=odbc_connect ("$DSN", "$uid", "$passwd");
The program is the Gupta Test ODBC program given in the 'Connecting Guide'. Here are some interesting facts:
1) If we do a 'Test Connect' from the ODBC Administrator (odbcad32) we DO get a successful test.
-> This works for both 32-bit and 64-bit System DSN's.
2) The PHP program is running under 'Google Chrome 64'. It seems to me that it prefers the 32-bit driver - I'm not sure why. (if anyone wants to tell me why - it would be most appreciated.)
3) The actual Database server and test database is on a different server, one that is NOT part of our network.
-> This server/database are perfectly connectable from a TD Mobile application on this same server. (using a .NET Connection String) The firewall is modified to accept the connection from the testing server hosting the PHP program. This is a reliable connection!
4) The Client portion of the SQL.INI looks like this:
5) The server is a Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.
Code: Select all
[win32client] clientname=GoDaddy [win32client.dll] comdll=sqlws32 [win32client.ws32] serverpath=serv117,71.xx.x.xx,2155/hbtest
Any ideas of what is going on?