Solved TD-3949: TD5.1 SqlPLSQLCommand gets error using number as IN paramete

Post found bugs and possible workarounds.
NadineRoos

TD-3949: TD5.1 SqlPLSQLCommand gets error using number as IN paramete

Post by NadineRoos » 05 Dec 2007, 14:49

When using a number having more than 1 digit (e.g. 88 or -1) as IN parameter with function SqlPLSQLCommand in TD5.1 following error occurs:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error ORA-06512: at line 1

posted repro case to ftp (because no funtionality to add an attachment anymore?):

SqlPLSQLCommand.zip 5,55KB 12/05/2007 01:40 PM

It is very important for us to fix this.

SqlPLSQLCommand is the only way to use dynamic arrays and that is what we need combined with number IN parameters

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Re: TD-3949: TD5.1 SqlPLSQLCommand gets error using number as IN paramete

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 06 Dec 2007, 17:31

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your report. I could reproduce the problem easily see attached. Also there is another issue with SqlPLSQLCommand when you exectute a SP from a package in the same schema TD crash, it is in fact related to TD-3949 also reported on our forum.

So the bug for the first issue ORA-06502 is TD-4110 and the crash when executing SP from a package is TD-4111

Those issues does not happen with TD 4.2. Also as you know no problem with SqlORA function neither OLEDB SqlPrepareSp. I understand your needs for dynamic array support though generally it is easy to get round it AFAIK, with some work involve in it...

Cheers
Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 06 Dec 2007, 17:32

here the attachment.
testing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NadineRoos

Post by NadineRoos » 06 Dec 2007, 17:46

Can we expect that it will be fixed asap (for the first PTF)?

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 06 Dec 2007, 18:24

The SP1 is due this monday as far as I know... I'm sorry but I would not expect it to see it fixed in the SP1 will check though...

Jean-Marc

Return to “Bug Reports”