Adding a Terms and Conditions Page to an existing form

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
heyitsjj2

Adding a Terms and Conditions Page to an existing form

Post by heyitsjj2 » 13 Aug 2012, 22:41

Good Day!

We have a sales order form that we are using with Visual and unify report builder 5.2. We want to add a terms and conditions page, full. I have had no success, even with tech support.

How can I add a second page, static, no header and footer to every sales order using unify report builder in a QRP file.

I have programming experience and just need a sample or pseudo code how to "when at the end of the sales order info (1 or 2 pages), create new page, no header and footer, and add Terms and Conditions" :roll:

Thank you,
-Jason-

Jeff Luther

Re: Adding a Terms and Conditions Page to an existing form

Post by Jeff Luther » 14 Aug 2012, 00:06

How can I add a second page, static, no header and footer to every sales order using unify report builder in a QRP file.
Well, let me give a simple answer, and then mention why:
The simple answer is unfortunately from what you wrote: No. The 'why' is because the QRP file is a 'template' (set of instructions, if you will) that -- given some data -- tells RB runtime where to put the data and how to format the 'report' ('report' = template + data). Thus, most simply for <something> to be in a report, it needs:
1 -- data (T&C page?) (from the Visual appl) to have it in the report. This is done in the TD application - in your case in the Visual application)
2 -- some place *in* the QRP template file where the T&C data will be inserted - end of Report Footer section, most likely.

You could (SAVE ORIGINAL QRP FIRST!) add #2 above because you have the QRP file. You would get to purchase or get RB v5.2 designer to be able to edit the QRP.

Problem is you don't have the #1 above: the Visual (TD runtime) as source code to provide the data and control the event when to put the data in the report (at the end). Additionally ,the Report Footer (RF) is the last block printed, by definition. You cannot insert something after the RF block in RB; that last <something> would need to be defined at the bottom of the RF block.

Without access to the data side of your report -- the Visual appl. is written in TD, I believe -- you don't have #1 above.

What to do:
* print something else at the end of your report that is the T&C data -- this could be another report (QRP with T&C lines in Detail Block only, say, and something that provides the T&C data). I don't know what Visual provides you in terms of expanding the product and reporting, but think in these terms.

You'd have to provide some info. as to what Visual provides for expanding reporting -- spare fields in QRP blocks that could be user-defined? Maybe there is something the RB that could now be given the T&C data so it's printed?

Return to “General Discussion”