Report Builder, Print different pages in one report

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
Xhek

Report Builder, Print different pages in one report

Post by Xhek » 04 Mar 2009, 04:29

Do anyone have a sample of a Report using more than one page( different from each other, not a multiple or clones), or using page break? Bc I want to print a report that it have 3 pages different from each other, but I solved it in strange way, using 3 reports different for each page, but my application is dynamic and that it's not a smart move to use each report for each page :!:

Charlie
Canada

Re: Report Builder, Print different pages in one report

Post by Charlie » 04 Mar 2009, 05:39

Hello Xhek,

Sorry I don't have a sample, but here is an idea for you to investigate until somebody provides a sample ...

Every line in every block in a report template has a "Conditional Display" option. This would allow you to define, within one report template, multiple (could we say "embedded"?) reports.

You'll need an input item for every field of info for each "embedded" report.
You'll need an input variable, say a variable called "report_id" that you set in your app, say "1" for the first report, "2" for the second, etc.
When your app is feeding data for report 1 to the template, make sure that report_id is set to 1; when your app is feeding report 2 to the template, make sure that report_id is set to 2; etc.

You'll find more related info in the Suggestions for QRP design? thread.

Cheers and best regards.

Xhek

Re: Report Builder, Print different pages in one report

Post by Xhek » 11 Apr 2009, 12:59

Charlie wrote:Hello Xhek,

Sorry I don't have a sample, but here is an idea for you to investigate until somebody provides a sample ...

Every line in every block in a report template has a "Conditional Display" option. This would allow you to define, within one report template, multiple (could we say "embedded"?) reports.

You'll need an input item for every field of info for each "embedded" report.
You'll need an input variable, say a variable called "report_id" that you set in your app, say "1" for the first report, "2" for the second, etc.
When your app is feeding data for report 1 to the template, make sure that report_id is set to 1; when your app is feeding report 2 to the template, make sure that report_id is set to 2; etc.

You'll find more related info in the Suggestions for QRP design? thread.

Cheers and best regards.
Thnx Charlie, its seems useful.

Return to “General Discussion”