[Report Builder] Only first char of Variable displayed

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
mriesner

[Report Builder] Only first char of Variable displayed

Post by mriesner » 19 Jun 2009, 05:43

Hello!

We are experiencing a bug when trying to create graphical reports. As we pass on variables to the report, we find that only the first char of the variable is displayed (axis as well as legend) in the report. We are using TD 5.1 SP 6, the problem occurs on Vista SP1 and XP SP2 and SP3.

Please see attached sample (ZIP contains code and report), thx in advance for your help.

Regards, Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ren

Re: [Report Builder] Only first char of Variable displayed

Post by Ren » 22 Jun 2009, 04:43

Hi

I don't know if this helps, but I've encountered similar problems when getting UTF-8 (/16) encoded data from outside the system; when used internally, only the 1st character is displayed. This is because the UTF format used when ANSI characters is basically <char> 00 <char> 00 <char> 00, and 00 is the 'string end' marker as well.

So it may be that the input variable is expecting ANSI and getting UTF-16

mriesner

Post by mriesner » 24 Jun 2009, 02:09

Hi Ren!

Thx for the information, can someone give me a hint where to set the type of the variables? We pass on the data from TD 5.1 SP 6 and don't know where to adjust this setting, neither in TD nor in RepB.

Regards, Michael

mriesner

Post by mriesner » 24 Jun 2009, 02:30

Hi everyone!

We found a solution (more a workaround) for the mentioned bug. As we pass on variables we set the encoding explicit to ANSI. When not encoded it is not passed on correctly - this ONLY happens when we create graphical reports, reports in list- or table-style are not affected.

I attached a sample, hopefully this issue will be corrected in one of the next releases.

Regards, Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 30 Jun 2009, 03:05

Hi

This was a know issue

TD-5465
Report Builder and Quickgraph truncates after first character in legend and labels

and you will see it fixed in the next 5.2 version without resorting to the workaround, I verified it OK on 5.2 with your testcase.

Thanks for providing a testcase by the way and also a workaround

Jm

Return to “General Discussion”