Borders with dynamic line wrapping

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
FRBhote
India

Borders with dynamic line wrapping

Post by FRBhote » 26 Jun 2015, 14:22

In Report Builder when a field is dynamic and the value exceeds the length of the field, then the borders do not get aligned properly.

Can someone please help? Sample code attached.
x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Borders with dynamic line wrapping

Post by Jeff Luther » 26 Jun 2015, 21:10

I don't see a way to fix it for 2.1 and 3.1; both fail the same way. In v4.2 whatever the bug was got fixed in RB, so 4.2 & 5.2 work OK. I tried linking the fields, for example, and it still format wrong. You're not going to be upgrading your CTD version are you?
X-formats OK with TD v4.2.png
X-formats OK with TD v5.2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California

FRBhote
India

Post by FRBhote » 04 Jul 2015, 06:38

I see.

Would love to migrate to 5.2 (I have 3 licences), but there are too many problems that I am facing...

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 06 Jul 2015, 16:00

too many problems [with a migration to v5.2]
Well, v2.1 --> 5.2 is a big jump, including the potentially large hurdle of converting to Unicode, FR, but by the latest 5.2 PTF 5, available here:
https://support.guptatechnologies.com/su ... _Downloads
There would have been so many fixes (and enhancements) over 2.1 that long-term it might well be worth it for you to migrate. Depending on what your "too many problems" comment means, of course.

As an intro. to Unicode, I did put some info. together back when 5.1 came out: http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/#UNICODE_INFORMATION
and though I did modify my Unicode page to include v5.2 info, I never updated the web page link names to v5.2. And it's 5.2 everyone would migrate to. I just wrote myself a large post-it note to clean up the page names and any info. so v5.2 is clearly covered!

I am curious as to what these "problems" are, so feel free to briefly reply here or via private email about the issues. Of course, there's been 100's of msg. threads here over migration issues; very likely, nearly all issues might have been discussed in the various TD v5.2 Forum sections.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California

Return to “General Discussion”