Blurred Images in PDF Output using SalReportPrintToFile

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
damtur

Blurred Images in PDF Output using SalReportPrintToFile

Post by damtur » 15 May 2016, 22:54

Using SalReportPrintToFile and SalReportPrintToFileEx, we are getting blurred images when outputting a qrp file directly to pdf using TD6.3.

Any ideas of how to improve the quality of the image?

Thanks

Charlie
Canada

Re: Blurred Images in PDF Output using SalReportPrintToFile

Post by Charlie » 16 May 2016, 11:26

Hello,

What are the dimensions (height and width) of the image, how big is the are for the image on the report, and what are the report builder settings for the image field ?

damtur

Post by damtur » 17 May 2016, 07:14

I have attached screenshots of all settings etc

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Charlie
Canada

Post by Charlie » 17 May 2016, 12:07

Looks like you are going to have to play around with settings a bit and see if things get fixed by trial and error.

I'd recommend substituting your current report template with a brand new one, completely stripped down to nothing but the image, just so you can troubleshoot it without getting your troubleshooting muddled by other possible factors.

If the image suddenly works out, then you'll have to gradually start adding to the stripped-down template stuff from the full one, testing as you go.

Otherwise, if the stripped-down one is still having image problems (so problem not caused by something else in the full report template) ...

First thing I'd check: try alternative options in SalReportPrintToFileEx (in particular, the Embeded font or not, and the image quality options.)

Hopefully, somebody else who has had (or is having) the same issue can chime in.

Good luck !

Return to “General Discussion”