CTD5.2 SP2 RTF added additional line between line

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
rolandfelix

CTD5.2 SP2 RTF added additional line between line

Post by rolandfelix » 29 Nov 2010, 11:04

By Print out RTF we become between each line an additional line. CTD 5.2 with SP2 without any EMP!

Please can you check it - sample included... so we can not use the RTF.

Greetings and thanks

Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther

Re: CTD5.2 SP2 RTF added additional line between line

Post by Jeff Luther » 30 Nov 2010, 01:47

Well, Roland, I see the blank line between the 2 RTF values, but I see the same thing running 5.2 SP1 as well. So, this is not new with SP2.

Did this work for you with earlier 5.2, like SP1?

rolandfelix

Post by rolandfelix » 30 Nov 2010, 08:52

Hy Jeff

No we can not say it - we dont use it before... because SP1 was not usable for us - too much troubles...

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 01 Dec 2010, 00:41

we can not use the RTF
Because of a blank line after your RTF text? Why not? If having > 1 RTF is an issue for you -- and several RTF controls are together in your report -- why not concat. all the RTF values into one value?

rolandfelix

Post by rolandfelix » 01 Dec 2010, 10:21

Hey Jeff - in this test case you are in right - it will be possible

- but we have in our application e.g. cost estimate with 50 and more detail positions (rows) - each position will be print out in a input item with RTF. So we become 50 additonal lines... :( our customers are only communication people, means if there is the Layout is not like the mind.... do not accept it :cry:

You will see a simple screenshot from our application, in the column "Detail" we need RTF on each line. This cost estimates could be have 200 and more positions.

Hope You understand now.. or?

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 02 Dec 2010, 00:35

Yes, I do understand...

I also did a little testing by converting your sRTFText string to Unicode with:
SalStrToWideChar( sRtfText, sUnicodeString, ENC_UTF8 )

and setting a breakpoint after the call. Using Expressions window I got the sUnicodeString value, copy/pasted that into Notepad and saved to this file:
NoExtraLine.zip
and see that there is no extra line in the file. Read that in with WordPad or MS Word. Content of the file is: "This is a TEST"
and shows no extra line. That indicates that there isn't some sort of "\n" added.

So... it would seem that RB is adding that extra line in the RT object (or the SalReportSetRichTextVar() call is). I am asking internally about this and will let you know what I learn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”