Printing problem with EMF spool file format error

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
Norman

Printing problem with EMF spool file format error

Post by Norman » 26 Dec 2012, 21:40

Hello everybody,

I have problem while printing QRP in Citrix environment.
Sometimes, the printing is not done and the TD application seems to be freezed.
The windows message appear in background "Incorrect format of spool file : The spool datafile received seems to be not a EMF spool file for windows server".
Due to Citrix configuration, the application is opened directly from the user desktop into a citrix session and this message appear background, so the user cannot see it to close the message. So it lets thinking that the application wait for something and the only solution for the user is to disconnect the citrix session.
The printer used by default is the Universal printer of Citrix.

Same test have been done with PCL5 format with the same inconsistent result.

What is very strange is that the same document on the same server could be printed without a message by the same user after reconnecting or by other users.

Application :TD 5.2 SP52 - Report Builder TD5.2 SP¨2 - QRP file.
Thank you for all your ideas.

Regards.

Norman

Jeff Luther

Re: Printing problem with EMF spool file format error

Post by Jeff Luther » 03 Jan 2013, 00:28

TD/RB are not certified for Citrix, though some users are running this. BE SURE that you have latest Citrix updates. I have heard of 'fixes' when latest update(s) was/were applied.

Speaking of updates, SP5 is the current v5.2 version, BTW, and it's possible that SP5 would work for you. I'd suggest upgrading.

I suggest you dig deeper into this. Couple thoughts come to mind based on what you wrote:
* could be a login/security issue?
* is there an auto-logout done if the user is idle? If so, what's a long-running report mean? Is the user 'idle' because of no mouse or appl. activity?
the application is opened directly from the user desktop into a citrix session and this message appear background
You may need to hide/minimize the appl. while printing, then, so the msg. appears. Normally, the msg. should pop to the top but maybe it is because the appl. isn't the problem and Citrix doesn't know there's an appl. that the msg. box also needs to be on top of?

Return to “General Discussion”