Invalid dates in reports

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
kaktss
Latvia

Invalid dates in reports

Post by kaktss » 27 Nov 2023, 14:02

There are problems with dates when printing old QRP files with TD 7.5.1
For several years, applications built with new versions of TD have successfully used QRP files built with ReportBuilder 3.0. It worked with both CTD 5.x, 6.x, 7.1.x and 7.5.0. Unfortunately, in programs migrated to TD 7.5.1, practically no date functions work anymore - all dates are reduced to 12/30/1889. If new QRP files are created with ReportBuilder 7.5.1, then everything is fine. Only old QRP files have problems. Also when opening and saving them with ReportBuilder 7.5.1 the problem persists. Is there any special procedure needed to migrate QRP files from version 3.0 to 7.5.1?

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Invalid dates in reports

Post by Dave Rabelink » 28 Nov 2023, 08:53

Do old QRP opened in RB 7.5.0 and saved to new QRP file have the date issue when opening them in RB 7.5.1?

It might be a defect introduced in RB 7.5.1 and the only workaround could be converting QRP first in 7.5.0 and use them in RB 7.5.1.

Did you check if the dates have a special or forced date format?
Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

kaktss
Latvia

Post by kaktss » 28 Nov 2023, 13:23

Today I found that the problem also exists when creating a completely fresh QRP with version 7.5.1.
Thanks for the idea about the formats.
Observations when changing formats, etc.
1) When using unformated data field as input for report - result is OK
2) When using formated data field as input for report - allways 30.12.1899
3) When using date variable (value copied from data field) as input for report - allways 30.12.1899
4) When using date variable
a) value copied from data field
b) then converted to string - SalDateToStr
c) then converted back to date variable - SalStrToDate - result is OK

As a workaround, this is not the best option since we are mainly using data fields as input
I think it's a bug though

mbonato
Brazil

Post by mbonato » 28 Nov 2023, 16:04

Have you checked the option Report --> General --> Enable Intl Date Display in the QRP?

kaktss
Latvia

Post by kaktss » 28 Nov 2023, 16:37

Now I also tried with Intl Date Display - same result. At the moment I found only one solution - to convert the date to a string and back to a date. But it requires a lot of code rewriting.

RainerE
Germany

Post by RainerE » 29 Nov 2023, 08:12

What about opening a support request at OpenText?
If you have a support contract (which you should have), they usually will help within a few days.

If it worked in 7.5.0 but stopped workin in 7.5.1, it sounds like a bug for me.

Kind regards,
Rainer

kaktss
Latvia

Post by kaktss » 29 Nov 2023, 14:58

Unfortunately, I don't have a support contract. And if it's a bug, it's unlikely to be resolved in a few days. At best in the next version. Just surprised no one else has run into this problem.

RainerE
Germany

Post by RainerE » 29 Nov 2023, 15:16

Ok.

Just as information:
If you would have a GLS contract, which you need to get all new TD versions if they are released, you -as far as I know- automatically have a support contract.
And if you have such a contract, you can open cases for each bug at mysupport.opentext.com.
And if you do so, OpenText tries to solve them very quick (often only a few days).
I got more than 20 bugs fixed and a few enhancements implemented during the last 2 years.

We are currently on TD 7.4.6 ONEOFF746.8.
And we do not use TD reports, we have an own implementarion for creating and viewing/printing reports.

Did you try what Dave recommended?

Note:
You can have multiple TD installations in (more or less) parallel - even TD 7.5.0 and TD 7.5.1.
You cannot run TD7.5.0 and TD 7.5.1 at the same time, but you can switch between both versions.
This requires manual work (copying and renaming folders), but it works good.
I got the hint from OpenText.

Rainer

Steve Leighton
Site Admin
Site Admin
New Zealand

Post by Steve Leighton » 01 Dec 2023, 06:03

RainerE wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 08:12
If you have a support contract (which you should have), ......
👍 x100 .
.....Plus, a support contract ( or GLS ) also encourages OT to spend more on R&D towards the Gupta products.
99% of those who moan and groan about the products ( mostly on StackOverflow ) don't even have a GLS contract .
So are contributing absolutely nothing to the R&D of TeamDeveloper etc. , and gives OT little encouragement to develop TD & SqlBase further.
I find the quality of the support is variable - depending on your location, and the renewal process is somewhat dictatorial ( if you lapse and then want to renew - you have to pay a penalty fee ) but certainly European support is worth it as Rainer says.
Greetings from New Zealand
Steve Leighton

Bankside Systems Ltd.
UK ♦ Australia ♦ New Zealand

www.banksidesystems.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion”