[TD 5.1 SP5] Enhancements to Tab Bar

Missing or incomplete OpenText Gupta product features? Discuss it here!
markus.essmayr
Austria

[TD 5.1 SP5] Enhancements to Tab Bar

Post by markus.essmayr » 03 Mar 2009, 05:45

Hi there!

I have to say, that I really like the style of the new Tab Bar, especially the "Whidbey" style.
But at the moment, there is some functionality, that is missing or that I didn't find in the docs.

Here is a list, maybe you already have some items of it on your list:
  • If SalTabHidePage is called on the page that is currently active and visible, the next available page should be activated.
  • I need the possibility to activate a page programmatically (for example to create a wizard).
  • It would be great if there were functions like SalTabDisablePage/SalTabEnablePage to prevent the user from activating a page (greyed text and image should be displayed additionally)
  • Controls should receive a message before they get visible. They would either update their state or (maybe by returning FALSE) prevent the page to change.
  • It should be possible to add Form Windows or Dialog Boxes as pages. (If this is implemented, the previous item will increase its weight!)
I also attached a sample where you can play around with the tab bar.

Max
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Markus Eßmayr
teamdeveloper@t-mx.com

tlauzi

Re: [TD 5.1 SP5] Enhancements to Tab Bar

Post by tlauzi » 04 Mar 2009, 01:46

Hi,

I could say it in one word: Unusable/Unready/Crap!

There are some more things, than you mentioned:
-Titles and Tabnames have to be independent. How do I create a multilingual tabbar, where I change the tabtitle on the fly?
-How do I dynamically add/remove a childs from the tabbar.
-How could I change the icon programmatically? Where is a transparent color for bitmaps/icons?

When I see how uncomplete the ribbons/child grid/tabbar are implemented I get angry, because its easier to use ActiveX controls from third party vendors, than the new TD controls.
Unify, please do not implement half-backed things, implement the new controls clean, with all features. What should I do with the new tabbar when I cannot use it? I have to stay/remain on the old one, until all features of the old are available. The old tabbar was very good, except his look'n'feel, which is not up to date anymore.
So for TD5.2 I wish no new features (richtext,....) I wish, that the existing features get completed.

Regards,
Thomas L.

Uwe van der Horst
Site Admin
Site Admin
Germany

Post by Uwe van der Horst » 06 Mar 2009, 01:31

tlauzi wrote:So for TD5.2 I wish no new features (richtext,....) I wish, that the existing features get completed.
Hi Thomas,

hard words. At least the crap looks nice with the new GUI-themes, doesn't it? :D

But I agree, we wish that the existing features (those ones you've mentioned and not to forget the date picker) get completed as well with high priority before making new controls. Don't you think this issue deserves an own thread where we post all issues regarding the functionality of the existing controls, like your posting here for the GUI? Maybe it would help Unify to give those issues the appropriate priority.

Best regards,

Uwe
Best regards,
Uwe van der Horst
Advo-web GmbH

Stefan Giurgiu

Post by Stefan Giurgiu » 24 Apr 2009, 00:24

lrcuess wrote:
  • If SalTabHidePage is called on the page that is currently active and visible, the next available page should be activated.
  • I need the possibility to activate a page programmatically (for example to create a wizard).
  • It would be great if there were functions like SalTabDisablePage/SalTabEnablePage to prevent the user from activating a page (greyed text and image should be displayed additionally)
  • Controls should receive a message before they get visible. They would either update their state or (maybe by returning FALSE) prevent the page to change.
  • It should be possible to add Form Windows or Dialog Boxes as pages. (If this is implemented, the previous item will increase its weight!)
Voted!
tlauzi wrote:-Titles and Tabnames have to be independent. How do I create a multilingual tabbar, where I change the tabtitle on the fly?
-How could I change the icon programmatically? Where is a transparent color for bitmaps/icons?
Unify, please do not implement half-backed things, implement the new controls clean, with all features.
Voted!

Return to “Enhancement suggestions”