[TD52] Support for manifest files

Missing or incomplete OpenText Gupta product features? Discuss it here!
tlauzi

[TD52] Support for manifest files

Post by tlauzi » 20 Oct 2009, 08:19

Support for manifest files is needed, to make the application look smooth and support all visual styles (Windows Common Controls 6.0).

->The skinning does not support XP-style up to now, out of the box, a manifest file is needed :!:
Why are additional manifest files needed? - Please integrate them in the resource sections (of the generated applications and in the Team Developer IDE).

Thomas L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

caa

Re: [TD52] Support for manifest files

Post by caa » 23 Oct 2009, 14:48

Thomas,

I agree. However, this was not something we could include into TD 5.2. I'll do my best to resolve it for TD 6.0.

tlauzi

Re: [TD52] Support for manifest files

Post by tlauzi » 26 Oct 2009, 00:48

Hi,
why have you so problems to achieve this? We used (and many others) manifest files since TD1.51, so for 6 years now and the work(ed) pretty well (some minor problems, which all could be resolved in the programm).
Our "old" TD 1.51 application looks under Winows-XP like a "WinXP-application" and under Windows Vista like a "Vista-application" (except the visual Toolchest controls).
It looks in IMHO better than TD5.x and for nothing (only for a included or delivered manifest files). You don´t need big changings, they also work with TD5.x. So I don´t understand your problem with integration.
Look here in a "old" TD1.51 application (at the red marked borders):
TD151_ContactManager.JPG

You could have some of the skinning problems gone away for nothing! I claimed, that the standard listbox is unthemend and has a "3D" border. With manifest-files it looks smooths and fits to the other controls. So this bug fades away for nothing, just only with manifest files.
If you had included manifest files some years before, perhaps you didn´t need the "new" GUI in TD.

Why is there no enhancement number for this??

Thomas L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Enhancement suggestions”