Solved TD-16086: URGENT! Report builder crashes

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
Nils Jänicke
Germany

TD-16086: URGENT! Report builder crashes

Post by Nils Jänicke » 14 Jul 2011, 07:15

Report builder crashes using totals on breakgroup footer when the formula of the total is empty.

The attached report runs well with a TD 3.1 application and it crashes printing or previewing data on TD 6.0 up to SP3.
reportformula.PNG
Entering a formula and not keeping it empty the report runs well on TD 6.0, but we have thousends of reports and some of our customers are creating their reports by themself so it is not possible for us to check and change all of the reports. So please fix that problem as soon as possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nils Jänicke
Germany

Re: TD-16086: URGENT! Report builder crashes

Post by Nils Jänicke » 14 Jul 2011, 07:39

Here is a testcase for that. Try the program and click on "Preview" then you can see that the report crashes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 03 Aug 2011, 21:30

"Report builder crashes using totals on breakgroup footer when the formula of the total is empty."

Are you sure?? I just deleted all the items in the footer of your sample report and it's still crashing when the QRP is read into RB directly and I click Preview.

This report has enough in it, and everything's in German, that if you have narrowed where the crash is occurring, would you let me/us know specifically where, Nils? We have to be able to narrow this down to a specific place. Thanks.

Nils Jänicke
Germany

Post by Nils Jänicke » 04 Aug 2011, 06:42

The report does not crash if there is a formula in the total "Zähler". And by the way, I think it should never crash.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 18 Aug 2011, 22:13

Is this fixed with EMP5363?
Well, this has not made it in as a TD/RB defect, so it could not be fixed and in an EMP.
The report does not crash if there is a formula in the total "Zähler".
Yes, I just see that.
And by the way, I think it should never crash.
Well, of course not, and since it crashes for me in RB designer when I open the QRP and try to go to Preview mode, I'm adding an RB defect for this.

Defect is: TD-16086
and I'll see if I can get this escalated. Currently it's set for v6 SP5 and of course there is a workaround for this. And, yes, in any event RB should not crash.

P.S. I heard back from mgmt. about TD-16086 and this defect is now added to be fixed for upcoming v6 SP3 EMP5368. This should be out in a couple weeks.

Nils Jänicke
Germany

Post by Nils Jänicke » 19 Aug 2011, 07:30

Thank you.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 08 Sep 2011, 16:24

EMP5368 was released today which includes a fix for TD-16086.

Return to “Bug Reports”