Solved Calling SalReportPrintToFile many times crashes

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
mkonir

Calling SalReportPrintToFile many times crashes

Post by mkonir » 09 May 2011, 14:34

Calling SalReportPrintToFile several times in a row causes application to crash. After about ~400 files created, application crashes.
Tested on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 SP1.
This is a huge problem since our customers can't do electronic invoicing properly now.

Sample attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther

Re: Calling SalReportPrintToFile many times crashes

Post by Jeff Luther » 10 May 2011, 02:10

Well, Milan, I got to 2000 PDF reports in your test case, 0-1999, with no problem. I run a Dell laptop with 4 gig, WinXP SP3. And TD running is v5.2 SP3.

This is crashing on your development as well as your customers' machines? What type of machines, how much memory, what version + SP of TD?

mkonir

Post by mkonir » 10 May 2011, 08:51

Thanks for the info Jeff. I'll test with TD SP3. We're currently running on TD SP2 (I'm sorry i forgot to mention that in the original post).

mdtravel

Post by mdtravel » 10 May 2011, 16:06

Hi,

we currently have a similar problem with crashes (on irregular intervals) of our application during SalReportPrint activities. Unfortunately your code works fine within our environment 5.2 SP3 EMP 5337

Thanks
Stefan

mkonir

Post by mkonir » 11 May 2011, 09:14

I've tested with SP3 (no further EMP applied) and now it works like a charm. All 2000 pdfs created with no error and the printing is also much faster than on SP2.

Return to “Bug Reports”