Solved TD-15633: Fields with font style cond. display wont print into pdf

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
mkonir

TD-15633: Fields with font style cond. display wont print into pdf

Post by mkonir » 17 May 2011, 13:56

Team Developer 5.2 SP3.
Windows 7 SP1.

Report with fields using "Conditional Display - Font Style". When printing to preview, field gets printed, but the condition is not evaluated correctly (font style is always set). When printig to pdf, the field does not get printed at all.

Sample:
1.) Click "Print Preview" -- Sample text in "With Cond. Font Style Display" column should be regular on first line, bold on the second. It's bold on both = BUG.
2.) Click "Print to File" and open created "PrintCondDisplay.pdf" -- Sample text in "With Cond. Font Style Display" column is not printed at all = BUG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther

Re: TD-15633: Fields with font style cond. display wont print into pdf

Post by Jeff Luther » 17 May 2011, 21:58

Yes, I can reproduce this and have added defect TD-15633 for it. Behavior I see -- I added print to printer option -- and described this in the defect description:

Preview: OK - both lines have bold text in middle column

Print to printer: ERROR -- first line is printed but *not* in bold, 2nd line *is* in bold

Print to PDF: ERROR -- both lines in the middle column are blank, no text at all. This what you get as well

mkonir

Post by mkonir » 18 May 2011, 09:24

Jeff i think "print to printer" is the only one that's working correctly? The conditional display of font is based on item "Condition". It's 0 on first line => line should not be printed in bold. It's 1 on second line => line should be printed in bold.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 19 May 2011, 00:06

Oh, so preview is not working either, then. I missed that in your original msg. :? Thanks for the clarification!!

I've updated the TD defect with the corrections. Description now reads:

Preview: ERROR - both lines have bold text in middle column -- The first line's center text should *not* be bold. Only the 2nd line's item should be bold, like Printer to printer below.

Print to printer: OK -- first line is printed but *not* in bold, 2nd line *is* in bold -- this is how it should work: 1st line center text plain, 2nd line's text bold

Print to PDF: ERROR -- both lines in the middle column are blank, no text at all

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 07 Nov 2011, 23:51

Hi: FYI, v6 SP4 is out and TD-15633 is among those fixed.

Return to “Bug Reports”