Solved TD 5.2 - SalReportPrint : number of copies ==> square

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
olvin

TD 5.2 - SalReportPrint : number of copies ==> square

Post by olvin » 18 Dec 2009, 17:10

Hello,

In TD 5.2, when we use SalReportPrint with a number of copies > 1 ==> the number of copies is multiplied by itself :
2 ==> 4 copies
3 ==> 9 copies

So, is there a workaround ?

Thanks,

Olvin
Last edited by olvin on 21 Dec 2009, 11:20, edited 3 times in total.

EWetzel
Germany

Re: TD 5.2 - SalReportPrint : number of copies ==> square

Post by EWetzel » 18 Dec 2009, 17:12

Hi,

I can confirm this!

Enrico

olvin

Post by olvin » 21 Dec 2009, 11:38

Here is the problem :

- With TD 5.1 SP6, the number of copies is always 1 when you specify a number > 1 ==> bug
- With TD 5.2, when you specify a number > 1, you create a document with that number of copies and you send the command "print" to Windows with also that number of copies, so if you specify 2 copies, you have 4 copies, ... ==> bug

So, I have created my own function PalReportPrint which calls SalReportPrint with 1 copy (calling SalReportPrint "the number of copies" times).
But I hope that this little bug will be corrected in the SP1 !

Olvin

Didiman
Germany

Post by Didiman » 21 Dec 2009, 12:18

<ironic mode>No, this requested Feature doesn't made it in the upcoming SP1, it's implemented in 6.0, but only in the .NET Expansion Pack</ironic mode>

bills

Post by bills » 21 Dec 2009, 13:22

And AZUL Kaffee was Unify's biggest (only?) success story... What happened?

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 23 Dec 2009, 18:26

Olvin: Back to your original posting in this thread...
In TD 5.2, when we use SalReportPrint with a number of copies > 1 ==> the number of copies is multiplied by itself :
2 ==> 4 copies
3 ==> 9 copies
So, is there a workaround ?
You didn't add a test case, I will have to try this with a small test case of my own.

As to your question: "is there a workaround ?" The answer is: Yes.

You should be able put your SalReportPrint() call into a While loop and print out a single copy at a time, like this:

Code: Select all

Set nCopy = 0
While nCopy < nCopiesToPrintTotal
   ! maybe other code needed here before each call?
   Call SalReportPrint( ..., 1, ... )
   Set nCopy = nCopy+1
or similar should work. SalReportPrint() is going to return before its printing is done, so you might have to add a pause between calls. In the meantime, I'll try to reproduce and a add a defect about it if so.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 23 Dec 2009, 22:41

P.S. Uwe was kind enough to remind me that this was already a defect, TD-8752, and was verified fixed 4 DEC with TD 5.2 build 13494, and EMP5184. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, Uwe!

Didiman
Germany

Post by Didiman » 24 Dec 2009, 07:50

But there is still no benefit for us here, if the "fixed" builds are not released ...

mando

Post by mando » 03 May 2010, 19:15

Hello,
This issue was resolved and delivered with Service Pack 1 of Team Developer 5.2.

Salutations!

gfleming

Post by gfleming » 03 Jun 2010, 01:52

Just need to clarify this issue and how to fix it.

TD5.2 SP1 has a fix, SP1 is an executable but I don't know if it has a deploy component to it. I found a deploy52.exe on my computer where I ran the SP1 update, that had a date that was around when I ran the SP1 update, and applied that to a users computer and that did not fix this issue.

I have applied the latest fix to SP1 (EMP5257) on my computer and the problem is solved, what files should I apply to my deployed computers from the fix to overcome this issue.

Graham

gfleming

Post by gfleming » 11 Jun 2010, 04:37

Jeff thanks for your email.
Not many other thoughts, Graham, and FYI if you need continued help you will need to open a SalesForce case or post something on the forum.

My thought, basically, is what you’ve begun, anyway: Start back from the beginning, as you’ve done. 5.2 SP1 should = that version Deploy, so adding EMP5257 files to each environment should still result in = runtime at least environments.

“Failed to run” – failed to start? Began, but disappeared? True of any application? Did you rebuild the app. with EMP5257 files? Or try to run an EXE build with plain SP1 and then run under the EMP? If so, this could be the problem.
- Jeff
Jeff,
I have started from the beginning, downloaded SP1 again, run the deploy52.exe on deployed pc, rebuilt program with EMP5257 and deployed. No luck, still squares the number of reports. Then deployed all files in EMP5257 to remote computer, tried to run the new program. Error message: Missing IMGMAN81.dll.
I then copied this file from my development PC to deployed pc and again tried to run new program. Result: NOTHING. The program will not do anything, does not load into processes, totally nothing happened. Must now restore to original state before EMP5257 to run programs without this bug fixed.
Graham

Just want to clarify my thoughts on this issue. The bug is fixed on the development PC but not on deployed PC.

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 15 Jun 2010, 18:54

Graham:

Let's take it in reverse order:
The bug is fixed on the development PC but not on deployed PC.
That is correct. EMPs do not include an updated deploy52.exe. The deploy exe is only released at the time of a service pack (SP) release. EMPs are meant as EMergency Patch fixes, aimed at the development side only. And the fact that "NOTHING" works on your test deploy side, tells me there's a good chance that that deploy dir. is out of sync.

If deploy52 = 5.2 SP1, and if you copy all the DLLs from the EMP (which are already part of that deploy, thus overwriting them) to that deploy folder, it should work. If not, I suggest you sort the deploy folder by modified date, take a screen shot of its contents and attach to a msg. here. Most files should have a 3/8/2010 (U.S. format) date for the original SP1; updated DLL EMP5257 files should have 5/19/2010 dates.

Last, a utility like Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96653.aspx
is a good way to see what DLLs et al are being loaded (or tried to be) when you run your app. That might shed some light on the issue too.

gfleming

Post by gfleming » 16 Jun 2010, 02:10

Okay Jeff, I think I might have solved the issue but yet to test them.

Using the process explorer I have been able to figure out the the Deploy52.exe file that comes with SP1 does not overwrite files if they are installed. You must first remove the Deploy files already there for it to install a fresh version.

I don't know if this proceedure is documented anywhere, but it may have been a step that I overlooked.

Thanks for the help.

Graham

DirkColman

Post by DirkColman » 21 Oct 2011, 13:30

Didiman wrote:<ironic mode>No, this requested Feature doesn't made it in the upcoming SP1, it's implemented in 6.0, but only in the .NET Expansion Pack</ironic mode>
==> Must have been a visionair or had inside information because now in 2011...indeed this is the case...this bug is still there !! :(

Return to “Bug Reports”