Solved TD-12617: SalReportPrintToFile & memory usage

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
Welskop

TD-12617: SalReportPrintToFile & memory usage

Post by Welskop » 24 Nov 2010, 14:06

Hello,

I have a problem when printing reports to a PDF file. My program generates a PDF file that contains 107 pages. Every page has 5 small pictures on it and some text.

When I start the creation of the PDF file the memory usage of the EXE file grows from about 100 MB to 1250 MB. And even when the report has been finished the memory usage remains the same.

Does anybody has an idea why the memory is not being deallocated when the report has been finished?

Kind regards,
Frank

Jeff Luther

Re: TD-12617: SalReportPrintToFile & memory usage

Post by Jeff Luther » 24 Nov 2010, 23:01

Frank - there has been some TD fixes in this area, but to pursue this further vor v6 I'm going to need a test case from you.
Does anybody has an idea why the memory is not being deallocated when the report has been finished?
Not specifically, not, unless the memory allocation is 'owned' by TD and not RB. Does memory get deallocated when you close your app? And/or if running from the IDE when you close TD v6?

EWetzel
Germany

Post by EWetzel » 24 Nov 2010, 23:22

Hi Jeff,

this issue is already reported in 5.2 and not solved in 6.0.

You entered defect TD-12617!

Enrico

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 24 Nov 2010, 23:48

Just to clarify: I would want to see and test HIS test case because it may be different, Enrico.

Welskop

Post by Welskop » 25 Nov 2010, 08:34

Hi Jeff,

In the meantime I made some more tests and I found out that it doesn't matter how I start the application. If I start the compiled EXE file directly the memory usage during the creation of the PDF file is going up from 20 MB up to 1250 MB. When the report has been finished the memory is not deallocated. When closing the whole application the memory is deallocated.

When I start the application out of the IDE by pressing F7 the memory usage of cbi60.exe goes up from 20 MB up to 1250 MB when creating the PDF file. After finishing the report the memory is not deallocated. Even when I close the application the memory usage of cbi60.exe in task manager is still at 1250 MB.

Kind regards,
Frank

Return to “Bug Reports”