Solved TD-14554: TD 6.0 SP1 SalReportPrintToFile does not create ANSI

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
Nils Jänicke
Germany

TD-14554: TD 6.0 SP1 SalReportPrintToFile does not create ANSI

Post by Nils Jänicke » 15 Feb 2011, 18:37

In the TD help there is described, that you can print a report to a text file and you can choose nFormat = 0 for Text format Unicode and 3 for ANSI. But the file is always created in unicode (and I miss the UTF8 format)

Nils

Jeff Luther

Re: TD-14554: TD 6.0 SP1 SalReportPrintToFile does not create ANSI

Post by Jeff Luther » 15 Feb 2011, 22:45

Well, a case of Help getting ahead of TD, I see Nils. Enhancement TD-14554 was the issue for this and while that TD enhancement's description for 3 = ANSI made it into TD Help, I read that the enhancement itself did not make it into v6 SP1.

I did just test with a recent pre-SP2 and see that is added. I heard recently that SP2 will be released in the next month or so. Sorry for the confusion!

If you need this functionality right now before SP2 is released, I had cooked up a workaround showing how to print as 0=Unicode, but then use SalFile functions to convert the TXT file to ANSI. The code's saved in v5.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nils Jänicke
Germany

Re: TD-14554: TD 6.0 SP1 SalReportPrintToFile does not create ANSI

Post by Nils Jänicke » 16 Feb 2011, 09:58

Thank you. In most cases the help file is older than the application, so it is funny that it may be vice versa... ;-)

Return to “Bug Reports”