QRP not works fine after install SP2 EMP5334

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
ivano_osti
Brazil

QRP not works fine after install SP2 EMP5334

Post by ivano_osti » 18 May 2011, 14:49

Hi.

I have applications deployed with TD60 with "NO SP".

If I save the .QRP with TD60 Version 6.0-SP2 Build 24825 and then I run an application deployed with TD60 with "NO SP" that uses the QRP, the QRP not works anymore. I see "blanks" where I should see data...

Somebody has already experienced this problem?

Is the only solution I deploy TD60 SP2 EMP5334 in all my customers?

Thank you.

Jeff Luther

Re: QRP not works fine after install SP2 EMP5334

Post by Jeff Luther » 18 May 2011, 23:43

I have applications deployed with TD60 with "NO SP".
I think this is the main issue right here. If users have no SP then you need to be developing/releasing with no SP.

If -- as is recommended -- you get latest SP and release your app. with that version, then you will need to install that SP for them as well. If you don't do this, the incompatible QRP might be the least of the issues. An SP fixes lots of bugs and you cannot expect your (for example) SP2 code to work correctly with a prior version of v6.
Is the only solution I deploy TD60 SP2 EMP5334 in all my customers?
Well, at least the SP. Otherwise, this sounds like a 'trick' question -- if you have run the EMP5334 or other EMP patch, you must have done that for a good reason; namely, it fixed something for you. That fix then should be passed along to your customers as well.

If you are just running an EMP because it's released and there is no bug fix for you in it, then I suggest you not apply the EMP. Bug fixes are very specific issues, like RB SalReportPrint to a PDF, for example. If your code doesn't do this, then I don't see the need for an EMP. Next SP will have that and other EMP fixes.

ivano_osti
Brazil

Re: QRP not works fine after install SP2 EMP5334

Post by ivano_osti » 19 May 2011, 14:31

Hi Jeff :-)

The SP2 and the EMP5334 have a lot of fixes that fit us and we decided to deploy them to all our customers.

We are still doing that and we will spend some more days to do it for all customers. What was strange to me is the fact that a little change in a .QRP made it not working fine with previous version.

I appreciate your attention.

Thank you.

Return to “Bug Reports”