I've had some people able to create the PDF file and transfer it to their iPad and can print it fine on a HP OfficeJet 6700.
Two others have had problems:
"Yes can see that happen on my iMac OSX 10.9.2. Looks like a font problem to me. Maybe they need to use a font on Windows where they create the pdf that is avialble on the Mac as well? Or embed the font?"
"See garbage when printing from my son’s Macbook air – OSX Mavericks. Just the logo is fine."
So, can one of you have a look at the font you are using and confirm that this font is available on the Mac system you are using? Can you possibly embed the font in the PDF file? This makes sense with the PDF created from PDFCreator; I suspect that it embeds the font into the PDF file that it creates.
first of all i am glad to hear that the problem can be reproduced on mac systems.
Yor are asking about the font.
Yor can see the font we used in our testcase when you open the qrp with the report designer.
It ist just "arial", nothing unusual.
I dont know if this font is available on mac systems.
You ask if i could embed the font into the pdf file.
As you can see in our testcase we set the parameter "nFontOption" to 2, which means "Import true type fonts for all strings".
Parameter "nEmbed" ist set to 1, which means "embed the font in the generated PDF".
So i think the fonts should be embedded in the pdf.
We tried all other setting for "nFontOption" and for "nEmbed" in ervery combination, but the result is the same.
Maybe there is a problem in the function SalReportPrintToFileEx() and the fonts are NOT embedded even if parameters tell it to do so?
Maybe it has to do with the location of the fonts on the machine creating the pdf.
We tried to copy the font into the application directory, but the result is the same.
So this was no workaround for us.
I've logged defect TD-20849 for this issue. Someone from Development will have a look at this to see what might be going wrong.
I'm still waiting for test cases for the other issues reported in this thread. See the details that I am after from the entry for 24 April for size differences and wrong images.
I took me half a day or so but I finally managed to create a testcase for the wrong images displayed in a PDF.
I'll send you a PM with the sources.
Regarding the size difference and the problem reading it on a Mac (or any android phone):
My testcase in my first post (with the qrp i added later) and the PDF's in the zip will show the problem.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: [Ccbot] and 0 guests