GUI | jumping windows

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
mw11asc

GUI | jumping windows

Post by mw11asc » 04 Dec 2015, 12:39

Hello together,

we have experienced the following GUI issue in both report builder and our application:

Two windows are open within the application, like two reports in the report builder or in our case the customer master data and purchase orders. I can switch between those windows by clicking on the title bar. What now happens is that the window “sticks” to the mouse cursor for a fraction of a second. When I click on the title bar and move the mouse, the window jumps to the place where the mouse cursor has gone to and I have to bring it back.

Sounds harmless, but is quite time consuming for some of our fast working users because they have to relocate the window all the time.

This has been tested with the Deploy63 installation with update 1 with files dated from 15.5.2015 and with both Windows 7 and win server 2012.
(Update 2 has some other issues for us, that’s why we still use Update 1)

Can you reproduce and solve the issue? Do you need a video for clarification?

best wishes,
Thomas

mw11asc

Re: GUI | jumping windows

Post by mw11asc » 04 Jan 2016, 09:15

Hello again and happy new year,

have you been able to reproduce that at your end?

Kind regards
Thomas

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 04 Jan 2016, 18:44

Thomas - I think your best bet is to provide a test case, zipped and attached here + a list of the steps, that will show this problem. Maybe a video could help as well, but they can't debug (nor fix a bug) via a video only.

BTW, why did you write
This has been tested with the Deploy63 installation...
This is the v6.1 forum area. If this is a v6.3 issue then I suggest you post your issue + test case there. If not v6.3, then was your 'v6.3' a typo??
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California

mw11asc

Post by mw11asc » 05 Jan 2016, 14:04

Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer. Team Developer 6.3 is correct, but there is no Board index that says "6.3". Can you or another moderator move my thread to the proper board?

I have uploaded an example video that shows what I mean. I am showing it in report builder 6.2, so our application is probably not needed for Gupta to reproduce it. Same effect.

This glue-effect is only with data loaded to the mdi windows. Empty windows ("new report builder sheets" or in our application "no data was loaded") don't have the same issue.

Kind regards
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 05 Jan 2016, 18:16

Thomas -- couple of things:
* I"m not a moderator (any longer), just another TD user.

* I'm not able to read your AVI for some reason, but in any event it's a TEST-CASE APPL. that would be needed by dev. and others to verify and see what the issue is.

* no Board index that says "6.3" -- Sounds like you don't have a license for v6.3. If you do then check with Mike Vandine (he is a moderator) on why you don't see all the v6.x forum areas.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California

mw11asc

Post by mw11asc » 07 Jan 2016, 16:23

Jeff, thank you. I'll address Mike directly.

Return to “Bug Reports”