TD-4485: Where is associate with tabs ?

forum.gupta.bugreport (2005-2010)
Didier Tourneur

Re: TD-4485: Where is associate with tabs ?

Post by Didier Tourneur » 11 Feb 2008, 10:12

Posted by:  Didier Tourneur 

Thanks for your answer
I Can't pas in the 4.2 version and i do it fwith the 4.1 without good
result.
I haverexplored th apt files with a text editor , but i' didn't see
anything.

Didier

Jeff Luther

Post by Jeff Luther » 12 Feb 2008, 00:45

All the design-time settings for most anything in TD are available via the Attributes Inspector. For QTs, I've attached a snapshot showing you how to select the cQuickTabs object and what the Inspector looks like for that object.

See the last line in the inspector?? That shows you the TD version of qtabi that Mr. Mike was referring to. (I had TD v4.2 running, so shows "4.2"). Set yours for the version of TD you are running.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edward

Post by Edward » 13 Feb 2008, 09:22

Posted by:  Edward 

Hello

If you don´t see option menu associate with tab... maybe qtchiXX.dll write
in the class name.

If you don´t see anything in Child Properties, my advice is
(( I have same problem, the problem pdlgtabs.exe isn´t working suitable.
Well, I use test version 4.2 for modify and then save in apt version.
Finally use my correct version 4.2 (no test version) and continue
working. ))

Eduardo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jean-Marc Gemperle

Post by Jean-Marc Gemperle » 24 Mar 2008, 13:51

Hi Didier and all,

Yes this is a migration issue and wanted to go further by entering an improvement to TD related to migration. As Mike stated the problem is because your source is ORIGINALY writen in TD 4.1, it is an APT TEXT file and SHOULD MIGRATE FINE IN TD 4.2 or TD 5.1 but as you found out it is not the case...Best case scenario is that the TABS would not show in the LAYOUT and obviosuly the "associate with tabs"....worth case scenario you could get a CRASH OF TD 5.1 when showing the layout of the form using TABS IF you have also TD 4.1 on your SYSTEM PATH as TD 5.1 would attempt to LOAD QTABI41.DLL.... The problem beeing that TD does not change the reference to the older DLL when loading the outline in specific scenarios ( it does AFAIK OK for othe DLLs like VTIXX.DLL)

So the solution as stated is to open your Text outline and search for OLDER occurences of XX.DLL were XX is 41.DLL in your case and replace by 51.DLL for TD 5.1 no matter how complex your APP is... If you have many APL I would merge them in one single outline save as APT and search OLDER DLL and locate the place those are in the APL or use grep...Also the Migration wizard does no do any "magic" other than batch converting via the CDK a Binary outline to a TEXT outline...

Because user should not have to do this IMO and at the end TD should not crash I entered the following improvment TD-4485

To get your TABS back with TD 5.1 Didier, just open the outline you gave us in notepad or what ever TEXT editor and simply change QTABI41.DLL to QTABI51.DLL as stated by Mike and it should be ok as show in the snapshot.

Cheers
JM

Return to “gupta.bugreport”