Posted by: Jim McNamara
I can't help but notice a number of new names showing up in these forums.
As a result, I see the need to restate some tips that help make these groups
1. Post your question/comment to only one forum please. If you feel you
must, it's ok to cross-post. It's very difficult to follow 3 or 4 different
threads on the same question. Most of us that participate on a regular
bases read all of the groups. So it's better to post to the wrong one than
to start multiple threads.
2. The participants in this group are from all corners of the globe. The
language of the forum is English. Don't worry if your English isn't
perfect. Most of us ignorant Americans are too lazy to learn another
language, so please bear with us.
3. Post your messages in plain text. Some news readers can't handle HTML.
4. Since we don't all have the luxury of high speed (T-1, cable, or DSL)
a. Zip ALL attachments
b. Don't post screen shots for error messages or whatever. Type the
relevant portions of the screen in your text message.
5. If you post a TD application file ,save it as text before you post. If
you are using a newer version of TD than someone who wants to open the file,
they will not be able to open a binary (.app or .apl) file. The outline
version number in a text file can be edited in a text editor so they can
open it in their version of Team Developer.
I suspect some of you will want to make some additional suggestions.
Again, welcome to the Gupta forums. It's encouraging to see new
participants that realize there is a better way than Microsoft to build