Posted by: Pablo Istillarte
We are having problems to consume a Certificated Web Services (HTTPS). The
above mentioned problem, its happend after the installation of a few
security patches of Windows 2000 (we do not know which) in the client who
run our application. Before the installation of the security patches our
application was consuming the Certificated Web Services (HTTPS). The above
mentioned process was transparent for us since our application is not
develop bearing in mind the possibility of consuming Certificated Web
Services (HTTPS). The application is developed in Centura 1.5.1 PTF 6. For
the consume we use the library MSXML4.dll, based in:
COM Web Services Interface library
Author: Lubos Vnuk (VNL)
Revision: 04 - 20040712 - VNL
DevTool: SQLWindows/32 1.5.1 PTF6
We generate a test aplication, to simulate the consume of the Web Service.
We realize, between others, the following tests:
- Reinstalation Certificated.
- Ports Sniffing: the message XML when it is HTTPS does not pass across the
- Monitoring application (with Process Monitor): when there is sent a
message XML to HTTPS, the MSXML4.dll look for CERTIFICATES in several
non-existent folders of the NT user .
- Method setOption (3) of MSXML4: in the test aplication we used to indicate
the Certificate to use.
- Installation of another application in JAVA (not use MSXML4. DLL): the
same one works correctly.
- Server Error: the code is 401=Unauthorized.
- Client Error: the code is 4096=Mismatch between the visited hostname and
the certify you name being used on the server.