TD6.3 - Windows 10 Serial Port

Discussion forum about all things Team Developer 5.x and 6.x
steverprince
Australia

TD6.3 - Windows 10 Serial Port

Post by steverprince » 27 Nov 2019, 09:03

Hi Everyone,
We're using TD6.3 SP2, and have come across an issue with serial port communication when moving from Win7 to Win10.

We have a very old library (originally CTD2000 - probably provided by someone on this forum) that allows us to manage an interface to the com port (which is needed to interface to an electronic scale). The library is based on WinApi and file I/O (CreateFileA, WriteFile, ReadFile, etc). The library works for us using TD6.3 for applications run on Windows 7, but our client tried to use this recently on a Windows 10 machine and it didn't work.

The problem appears to be with the ReadFile command (it returns an empty string), but i don't know if this is an issue with TD6.3 on Windows10 or is more an issue with how Windows10 manages/implements a serial port interface. I've attached the library/test harness that we use and am keen to understand if others have come across this issue, and if so how they resolved it.

Thanks in advance to any help and advice.

Regards

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Rabelink
Founder/Site Admin
Founder/Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: TD6.3 - Windows 10 Serial Port

Post by Dave Rabelink » 27 Nov 2019, 10:28

Regards,
Dave Rabelink

Articles and information on Team Developer Tips & Tricks Wiki
Download samples, documents and resources from TD Sample Vault
Videos on TDWiki YouTube Channel

Helmut Mayerhofer
Austria

Re: TD6.3 - Windows 10 Serial Port

Post by Helmut Mayerhofer » 11 Dec 2019, 20:22

Hi,

we build our own Functional Class, using Kernel Functions and use it to read Barcodes via Com Port.

See attched Files, i hope it will help a little. (actual TD7.2.1 x64, we use it since TD 4.2)

Helmut M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”