show memory leaks when used.
A simple conversion from ANSI to UNICODE or back shows that the memory steadily increases on every call.
After investigation here we found that the leaks are introduced in TD 6.2 and are present in all TD 6.2 SP's and also in TD 6.3 (all SP's).
Tests on TD 5.1 and TD 6.1 show no leaks on the same testcase.
The testcase is saved in TD 5.1 format (text) to be able to run the sample in all unicode TD versions.
- run application (from IDE or from EXE)
- monitor the memory using PerfMon (private bytes, workset private) for the application
- Press the START button. This will execute these functions multiple times.
- See the memory increase and never released. It increases with megabytes within minutes.
- Press STOP to end the testing
Use the checkboxes to test the functions separately or both or none.