Solved Internal memory has become corrupted

Report bugs and possible workarounds.
Igor Ivanovic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Croatia
Posts: 818
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 12:37
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Igor Ivanovic » 10 Jan 2019, 14:38

When debugging I got a lot of "Internal memory has become invalid" when using the ribbon which has buttons with "Enabled when" and some evaluation in it.
As the ribbon bar is constantly getting messages I am not using any functions, instead I use a global boolean array and checking only the values by index.
The error doesn't happen always, and I haven't been able to make a repro.
After the error I have to restart my app, but after few restarts it either hangs or just vanishes in the void.
Very annoying!

My question is if someone is also using a ribbon with enabled when actions and have a similar problem, or is able to reproduce it?

Thanks,
Igor Ivanovic
Image

Uwe van der Horst
Site Admin
Site Admin
Germany
Posts: 115
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 14:21
Location: Wetter (Ruhr), Germany

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Uwe van der Horst » 10 Jan 2019, 15:11

Yes, we have found this issue as well but not reported to Gupta because the work-around SalRibbonSetItemEnabled() on SAM_CreateComplete is a solution for our needs.
Best regards,
Uwe van der Horst
Advo-web GmbH

Igor Ivanovic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Croatia
Posts: 818
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 12:37
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Igor Ivanovic » 15 Jan 2019, 08:25

Hi Uwe,

Could you elaborate some more about the workaround?
Did you call SalRibbonSetItemEnabled for every ribbon item?
Are you also using Enabled When?
Igor Ivanovic
Image

Uwe van der Horst
Site Admin
Site Admin
Germany
Posts: 115
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 14:21
Location: Wetter (Ruhr), Germany

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Uwe van der Horst » 15 Jan 2019, 16:56

In 7.0.0 we noticed some crashs when using "Enabled when" with Form Window Variables of type Boolean:

Enabled_when_crash.jpg
No more crashs after eliminating all "Enabled when" - variables (for every ribbon item) and using SalRibbonSetItemEnabled (for every ribbon item)

Enabled_when_nocrash.jpg

In my memory the crashs were not reproducible, somtetimes it crashed, sometimes not. But eliminating the "Enabled when"-Variables solved my problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards,
Uwe van der Horst
Advo-web GmbH

Igor Ivanovic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Croatia
Posts: 818
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 12:37
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Igor Ivanovic » 16 Jan 2019, 07:16

Thanks Uwe!

Not so good news for me, as I will have to redesign my code and that will take some time :cry:.
I was using the feature for years now with classic menus and all my form classes were using it without even knowing which menu item should be enabled/disabled.
Well, will try to figure something out.

Anyway, thanks again for you help!
Igor Ivanovic
Image

MajorWoody
Germany
Posts: 30
Joined: 17 Jan 2019, 12:02
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by MajorWoody » 17 Jan 2019, 12:13

Hi,

does this only occur on ribbon bars or also when using boolean variables on normal menus?

Andreas

Uwe van der Horst
Site Admin
Site Admin
Germany
Posts: 115
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 14:21
Location: Wetter (Ruhr), Germany

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Uwe van der Horst » 17 Jan 2019, 13:27

No problems here with normal menus.
Best regards,
Uwe van der Horst
Advo-web GmbH

Igor Ivanovic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Croatia
Posts: 818
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 12:37
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Igor Ivanovic » 19 Mar 2019, 08:38

It seems to me that the problem has been resolved in TD7.1.2, as I don't get the error any more.
Also, when debugging the step by step doesn't jump to the ribbon bar.
Not sure, but it could be related to TD-24349, which was resolved in this version.
Igor Ivanovic
Image

Igor Ivanovic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Croatia
Posts: 818
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 12:37
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Internal memory has become corrupted

Post by Igor Ivanovic » 19 Mar 2019, 08:41

It seems to me that the problem has been resolved in TD7.1.2, as I don't get the error any more.
Also, when debugging the step by step doesn't jump to the ribbon bar.
Not sure, but it could be related to TD-24349, which was resolved in this version.
Igor Ivanovic
Image

Return to “Bug Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests