We have created dumps of crashed applications, but it doesn't give us any clues/reasons why it crashed
This is not yet 100% sure, but a customer of ours has big stability problems with our TD 6.3 application on a MS Server2012 - they have now shortly tested to run the same application on a 2008 server and it seems that no crash has hapend in this environment.
We have also a td7.11 version of our product on a MS Server2016 and also here we have seen some unstability
we run TD7.0 against SqlServer 2012 as well as SqlServer 2008 without issues.
We use ODBC Driver "SQL Server" (NOT "SQL Server Native Client xx.x").
[ frevel & fey ] Software-System GmbH
Kim, could you give us more details about your configuration? In the past we had some issues with terminal servers and open files (smb) on MS Server 2012 up to 2016. But it depends also on your TD-version (with 6.1 very bad, with 6.3 SP2 better). Do you use terminal server? Application folder on same machine or on a network drive? Runtime installed on network drive or local on clients?
It seems that we might be able to work around it by running application in compatibility mode
We are investigating this problem and I will be back if/when we find the reason and hopefully manage to fix it
Now it seems that we managed together with @micsto to solve this problem - thanks to him for the help we needed
I guess there is soon a new version of mtbl and mimg to be puliched
@Micsto is going to debug his application while using our application
Now it also, according to dump-files looks that something creates problems for ProfUIS288u-RDE72.dll in MS Server2012/2016 - while the same code and database works fine in MS Server2008...
I have created a ticket for OpenText, but at the moment I'm just answering basic questions made by their support in India
i wanted to share my experience with you. Our applications also crash randomly when running on machines with Windows 8 and newer (desktop and server-versions). The crashes increased dramatically since Summer 2018, maybe because of a windows update. All our applications are deployed (including TD-Deploy-Folder) on a remote share/network drive. When deployed on a local machine everything works fine.
I had a quite long discussion with the support about this problem, which resulted in this KBA: https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledg ... /KB9012589
They also gave me hint to check oplocks (https://jefferyland.wordpress.com/2010/ ... ication/00)
Maybe this wil help you with your research.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests